Forum

Author Topic: cannot build dense point cloud from imported camera postion and calibration  (Read 4611 times)

Bruno Andrieu

• View Profile
Hello

After having build a point cloud, I exported the camera (positions) and calibration.
Now I build another chunk with the same images (a subset of them).  I  import cameras position and calibration. I do not re-align cameras because I want to use the imported positions.

But photoscan cannot build the dense point cloud in these conditions. What is wrong ?
Thx

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Hello Bruno,

After you import cameras you need to use Build Points dialog. If you cancel that no tie points will be found and PhotoScan will not have any imformation regariding overlapping images.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Bruno Andrieu

• View Profile
Hello Alex

I understand.  Does it mean also that photoscan will not use the imported camera positions , and will recalculate the camera positions ? (I use fixed calibration option for the lens). I would like to be able to impose imported camera positions as well.

Hello Bruno,

After you import cameras you need to use Build Points dialog. If you cancel that no tie points will be found and PhotoScan will not have any imformation regariding overlapping images.