Forum

Author Topic: Batch processing?  (Read 4240 times)

bmc130

• View Profile
Batch processing?
« on: April 07, 2014, 10:34:56 PM »
Is it possible to do some kind of batch processing inside of Agisoft? Could you set chunks with different sets of picture and so on and leave it to chew them through over night? Or how is it with chunks, can it only do each step in the process for generating scans, first align photos then manually tell it to build point cloud and so on?

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Batch processing?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 12:02:17 AM »
Hello bmc130,

I think you should try Workflow menu -> Batch Processing :)
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

chadfx

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 12:58:49 AM »
Hi Alexey, so speaking of batch processing...

There are times when the region box that PS sets after the Align Photos stage is set incorrectly, like at an odd angle that clips off a critical part of the intended object. So when batch processing, all of the stages after Align Photos have to be discarded because I have to re-align the region box and kick off the rest of the batch again.

It would be great to have an optional setting where PS was less aggressive with setting the active region and expand it out a bit further, even if it comes at the expense of processing time. Extra processing time while unattended is better than lost processing time due to a clipped region. Once again, it would just be an option, so as not to change its normal behavior which is accurate in many cases.

thanks! -Chad

bmc130

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2014, 10:07:08 AM »

In the Batch Process window, I have 3 chunks I want to batch them all but I only want to to some of the processes, for instance I dont want to generate texture or aligin chunks etc. How do I set some of the steps on and off?

bmc130

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2014, 10:10:37 AM »
AHA! sorry..enough of stupid questions from me hehe..missunderstood the batch process window thought it would add every step..