Forum

Author Topic: Exporting orthophotos in Pseudo Mercator?!  (Read 5843 times)

Patribus

• View Profile
Exporting orthophotos in Pseudo Mercator?!
« on: April 09, 2014, 08:09:41 PM »
Hello, I need to export an orthophoto in Pseudo MErcato, i.e. EPSG::3857, but I do not find it anywhere in the coordinate system list.

Why is this so? Where can I get the definitions of this system in order to import it to the list?

Thanks for any help
Patrick

Patribus

• View Profile
Re: Exporting orthophotos in Pseudo Mercator?!
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 08:22:25 PM »
Well, I tried the following thing:

I went to [url/]http://spatialreference.org/ref/sr-org/epsg3857-wgs84-web-mercator-auxiliary-sphere/[/url] and downloaded some of the definitions available there, like for instance the OGC WKT format, which looks very similar to the files produced by AgiSoft. However none of the files exported from that page are accepted by Agisoft when imported external coordinate system definitions.

So, I'm still at point zero. Help anyone? ;-)

frank.stremke

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 08:23:17 AM »
hi
if its just the orthophoto you can create it in something similar and then just transform it in GIS
haven't tried it yet but should be possible in open source qgis programme
frank

Patribus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 10:08:11 AM »
Hi. thanks for the info.

In fact, that's what I'm doing. I'm using Q-Gis to reproject the map (using more than one method), but since the file is huge, Q-Gis (or the subroutines it uses) is (are) not so optimal with it's numerical processes, the process takes literally days to complete. Exporting it directly from Agisoft in the correct coord. system would simplify everything enormously for me.

Also, in a near future, I'll have to export 3D models in this coord. system, so it would be perfect to have the Pseudo Mercator coord. system in the export list of Agisoft.

Someone has more ideas how to do this?

stihl

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 11:00:38 PM »
Hi Patribu,

If it's large Orthorectified aerial photo's you're talking about I can strongly suggest the software Global Mapper. In my personal experience it is th? best GIS out there to rendering large files. In size or resolution. Ontop of that it can basically import and export anything. I'd take a look at their trial to see if it will load your image faster than Q-GIS. My bet, it definitely will.
From there on you're free to transform whatever you wish.

mwillis

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2014, 04:14:15 AM »
Stihl, has it dead right.  Global Mapper is the way to go.  It's the Swiss Army knife for GIS.

If you only need to convert a couple of sets of data, send me a PM and I'll do the conversion for you.

Mark

Patribus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2014, 11:41:23 AM »
Hello,

thank you for your tip. I'm trying the demo version and as it appears, the software is really an 'all-around' tool.

Will try it out the next few days.

Nevertheless, I would be very pleased, if Agisoft would have the Pseudo-Mercator Export option.

stihl

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2014, 01:14:29 PM »
thank you for your tip. I'm trying the demo version and as it appears, the software is really an 'all-around' tool.
Since I found out about GM, I never once looked back to QGIS or even ArcGIS.

Patribus

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2014, 11:43:01 PM »
is there still no answer to my question?

Well, I think I'll try to contact the support directly.