Forum

Author Topic: Refine Markers track markers  (Read 4303 times)

frank.stremke

• View Profile
Refine Markers track markers
« on: April 10, 2014, 05:43:18 PM »
hi everyone
I would like to know what the refine markers and track markers funkctions do
sice they are all greyed out what are the conditions under which I can use them?
another feature that just poped up ... :-)
thanks
frank

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Refine Markers track markers
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 06:03:30 PM »
Hello Frank,

Track markers feature works only for multi-frame chunks and allows to find markers' projection on the frame sequence after marker is created for a single frame.

Refine markers option works for non-coded circle targets and refines the already placed marker projections for such targets.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

frank.stremke

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 12:26:42 PM »
hi,
thanks for that could you specify the needs for the refine function a bit more how do the markers need to look like and how big in pixel do they need to be.
and of course at which state do I have to use the function if I have to place them by hand on every picture and then use refine or first load them into the model so they show up grey and go from there my testing in this aspect was not conclusive
but sound like a tool I could use just going trough a set of 770 images with usualy at least one marker visible on one of them I a bit a boring task :-)
frank

andyroo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 04:57:11 AM »
I am also curious about the "refine markers" option. I just tried it on some tree stumps I'm using for alternate GCPs since the vegetables ate my markers. It seems to work ok, since the stumps are circles, but I am a little leery to go and refine all of them.

Also curious what happens when we try to do that on an iron cross or a crosshair or a St. George's Cross (they are cheap substitutes for "real" aerial markers) and I would love more info on how the refinement algorithm works - does it assume that the shape is perpendicular to the camera, or just that it's radially symmetrical? Would be cool if I could specify if a target was radially or bilaterally symmetrical...