Forum

Author Topic: Single camera scanning thread?  (Read 49514 times)

Marcel

• View Profile
Single camera scanning thread?
« on: April 14, 2014, 11:10:30 AM »
What happened to it? Suddenly it's gone, or have I been dreaming?

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Single camera scanning thread?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 11:27:13 AM »
It could be removed by topic starter.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Marcel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 12:59:12 PM »
That sucks. You should disable that feature in the forum software. It's ok if they want to delete the contents of their own posts, but they are also deleting posts by other users if they remove the whole thread.

Exhale

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 01:29:41 PM »
 :'(

Mr_Curious

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 02:51:27 PM »
WTF?   That isn't cool.

EMULAT3D

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2014, 08:33:39 PM »
+1 with Marcel.

There are so many sub-conversations and knowledge sharing that goes on in a thread that being able to delete an entire thread just because you were the original creator is something that needs to be restricted. Allow them to delete their posts, edit them, etc. But not kill off a valuable thread.

Mr_Curious

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2014, 09:50:55 PM »
+1 with Marcel.

There are so many sub-conversations and knowledge sharing that goes on in a thread that being able to delete an entire thread just because you were the original creator is something that needs to be restricted. Allow them to delete their posts, edit them, etc. But not kill off a valuable thread.

+1  !!!!

Cheers,

MC

Lambo

• View Profile
What happened to the "Single Camera Head Scanning" thread???
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2014, 09:54:38 PM »
It was here a couple days ago and it simply disappeared after someone made a long comment with some suggestions that were in contradiction with some of the things spoken during the seminar.
It was a thread started by jeffreyianwilson

Lambo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2014, 09:59:04 PM »
Crap, I just started a thread asking about this and didn't see this one. I think the thread got closed after someone replied with a few comments that were in contradiction with what was said in the seminar?
Maybe there was an argument about it?
I may be mistaken though.
I thought the seminar was really informational and showed a lot of cool stuff I didnt know and also the comments on the thread were very good too. It is a shame.

Leo

Lambo

• View Profile
Re: What happened to the "Single Camera Head Scanning" thread???
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2014, 09:59:29 PM »
Sorry I just found another thread that is talking about this.

Wishgranter

• View Profile
    • Museum of Historic Buildings
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2014, 11:20:03 PM »
Or its because its not good to share EVERYTHING with everyone ?!?!
Guys, try and experiment yourself, when need help try contact people here with PM or email, im sure  a lot of us WILL share info but want-will not that go so freely... see here are 1000s of  people using PSCAN and  SHARE nothing.. they just take, not giving anything back..... 

with PM you can get friends, business partners and etc....

i know you will be a bit angry of what i write, but later you will understand deeper meaning of this.... In this forum is one of the most active from a lot of sw-hw solutions, a lot of  just in second reply of your Q/A..... so keep it this way, and if need something just send PM, ask nicely and highly probably you get response.....  OK ?
----------------
www.mhb.sk

Exhale

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2014, 11:57:03 PM »
+1 Wishgranter 

« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 01:06:02 AM by Exhale »

Lambo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2014, 02:16:44 AM »
Hi Wishgranter, I know you are right 100% because I see that happening all the time, but I don't think there was anything that he shared on the thread, everything was shared on the seminar and it was very nice from him but the thread only had some information from someone else that answered pointing out some differences.
Anyway, it is true that sometimes most people take a lot of information for granted and want all the experienced people to share all the tricks with them without thinking of giving anything back themselves.
And soon I will have to start sharing my experiences  since I am getting to the point where I will have something useful to share :)
Leo

jedfrechette

• Lidar Guys
    • View Profile
    • www.lidarguys.com
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2014, 02:57:23 AM »

Given that the webinar, which is still available [1], was basically the short version of a paid training class [2] the presenter is planning to run I highly doubt that trade secrets were the reason for the threads removal.

[1] http://www.zbrushworkshops.com/content/jeffrey-wilsons-photogrammetry-webinar-replay?inf_contact_key=5e1c43b948773a6ced871061894344a3837a6b1f4314e9b59fc037af51e249b7
[2] http://www.zbrushworkshops.com/content/creating-3d-models-textures-from-photos-with-jeffrey-ian-wilson
Jed

Marcel

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2014, 11:09:37 AM »
Guys, try and experiment yourself, when need help try contact people here with PM or email, im sure  a lot of us WILL share info but want-will not that go so freely... see here are 1000s of  people using PSCAN and  SHARE nothing.. they just take, not giving anything back..... 

Sorry, but I don't agree. I see too many people dealing with exactly the same problems on this forum ("my scans don't align" or "why are my scans low quality", etc). Many of these problems have simple solutions, but to figure those out by experimenting yourself takes a lot of time (or perhaps knowledge about topics like photography you do not have).

Keeping 'the secrets' to yourself might give you a professional head start for a short while, but in the end Photoscan is just a tool. Your professional value should be about the creative work your create, not knowing which buttons to push.

In fact I think Agisoft themselves should invest time and money in making really good tutorials on the whole process of doing a 3D scan. There is a real buzz from the whole 3D community about Photoscan, giving people a really good basic foundation on how it works will get much more people involved (and in turn help improve the program).

I'm planning to write a tutorial myself in the future, but with only 6 months of actual Photoscan use I'm not feeling qualified yet. (Besides that fact that writing good tutorials takes a lot of time and effort!).