Forum

Author Topic: Can't Build Model  (Read 19073 times)

Nathan Craig

• View Profile
    • Personal Page
Can't Build Model
« on: July 25, 2010, 06:58:58 PM »
Very often I add a group of images to a project, orient the cameras, and proceed to generate the model. The model generation process begins but fails and provides the error, "Can't Build Model". I have had this happen with even small groups of images (4) that are of the original camera resolution (8 megapixel). I have also experienced this problem with larger groups of images (20-25) that are downsampled to 4 megapixels.

Recently, the application seems to be crashing more frequently and rarely generating models. Can you provide any suggestions for how to increase the stability of the application and improve chances of generating models after camera orientation? In the mean time, on the chance that the instillation is now corrupt, I will be reinstalling the program. If this solves the problem, I will report back.

Thanks for any help you can provide. This is a wonderful program, and I'm looking forward to learning how to use it as efficiently as possible.

Dmitry Semyonov

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Can't Build Model
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 09:49:21 PM »
Hello, Nathan,

I've got 2 crash reports from you today. We will release a PhotoScan update today, which includes the fixes to the problems you have reported. I hope it would not crash any more, or at least not so often =)

I'll post one more message in this thread once the update is ready for download.

As for the "Can't build model" error, it is often caused by insufficient memory problem, especially on the 32 bit OS. But it should not happen for small photo sets, like 4 photos.

I will be happy to help you with this problem, but I need the photos you are processing to reproduce it.

With best regards,
Dmitry Semyonov
AgiSoft LLC
With best regards,
Dmitry Semyonov
Agisoft

Dmitry Semyonov

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Can't Build Model
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 11:11:06 PM »
Nathan,

We have updated the PhotoScan distribution, so it is ready for download now.

Please let me know if you still have any problems.

Dmitry
With best regards,
Dmitry Semyonov
Agisoft

Nathan Craig

• View Profile
    • Personal Page
Re: Re: Re: Can't Build Model
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 03:59:49 AM »
Dmitry,

Thank you for the updated build. At present my internet connection is not permitting me to download the new build, but I will likely be near a more stable connection tomorrow.

In the mean time, the build I have is running much more stable. I uninstalled it, restarted the machine, and reinstalled. It is running much better. As soon as I can download the updated build, I will begin working with it. Thank you very much.

I am grateful also for the detailed responses you provided in the the other threads.

Regards,
Nathan