Forum

Author Topic: Image paths problem  (Read 7567 times)

Heinrich

• View Profile
Image paths problem
« on: May 02, 2014, 04:33:56 PM »
I always used to move psz files and image folders around, and never had a problem as long as the relative positions were the same. Usually, I have a main folder in which I store my PSZ files, and subfolders with my images for the individual chunks. As long as I move the main folder with all its content, the photos are found correctly.

Only if I selected the 'Store absolute image paths' option in the Advanced tab of the preferences did this not work.

Now, I found that in some cases since the second-to-last version the images are not found although the absolute paths option is not checked. Am I doing anything wrong when copying complete folders?

Heinrich

• View Profile
Re: Image paths problem
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2014, 07:55:30 PM »
I believe I found the problem: the path stored is always the absolute path, as far as I can tell. And because this time I copied the files in a zip file, the paths were not updated! I'll copy again without zipping and see if that helps.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2014, 02:47:55 PM »
Hello Heinrich,

By default PhotoScan saves relative paths to the image files.

To fix the problem with wrong paths after moving the file folder relative to the project file, it is recommended to use Change Path option from the Photos pane context menu.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

janceallen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2016, 09:03:58 PM »
Omg, thanks for the "Change Path" option! Just totally saved me.

On that note, I think what happened is that my images were so deep inside folders inside folders that Photoscan got confused.  Although it went as far as aligning all the cameras, but then when I went to build a dense point cloud, it couldn't find any images (and I hadn't moved them).  Anyway, I then did move them all higher up in the directory structure, and used the "Change Path" on all images, and it seems all good.

Thanks!

- Jance

SJuriaans

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2019, 03:37:49 PM »
Hello Heinrich,

By default PhotoScan saves relative paths to the image files.

To fix the problem with wrong paths after moving the file folder relative to the project file, it is recommended to use Change Path option from the Photos pane context menu.

Alexey, I was processing in a computer but I had to chance to another, and I tried to filter the images by markers and it came this message

[img]

I used the Change Path option and tried to do this for 1 image, but I have 1226. Is there another way?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 03:51:01 PM by SJuriaans »

SJuriaans

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2019, 04:07:00 PM »
Even selecting "All cameras", it does just for one. All photos have the same format and they are at the same file.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 04:17:38 PM by SJuriaans »

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2019, 05:18:03 PM »
Hello SJuriaans,

Can you please check, if the extensions of the image files are "JPG" or "jpg"?

Change paths command is case sensitive, so if the original image extension has been upper case and you are modifying it to the lower case, it wouldn't work in such way.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC