Forum

Author Topic: Export to blender in high resolution  (Read 4141 times)

frank.stremke

• View Profile
Export to blender in high resolution
« on: May 13, 2014, 08:30:13 AM »
hello everyone
whenever i create a model iam limited by my graphics card (quadro) to only 16324 x 16324 pixel which is a shame taken the pricetag of this card....
anyway i whant to create a realy nice walktrouh in my object as a video in blender since the object is big the details get a bit blurred even on this size when i start walking :-)
is there any way to increase texture size or what workflow could be used can i use the face collors from the shaded mode in PS for my render since it got more details then the textured
thanks
frank

ppkong

• View Profile
Re: Export to blender in high resolution
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 09:20:34 AM »
I think that can only do chunk

frank.stremke

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 09:25:58 AM »
so iwould have to split my objects into cunks by cutting it in pieces and then texture these?
also iam not very happy with my textures since i have dificult light situation all underground with flash lights used spaced allong the walls but some of the pictures show areas black since they are to far in the background on that and avveraging does not work since i have some very dark ones i will have to mask the dark parts on all pictures which seems like a very big task...
other option is to use the faces collors as in the shaded mode how do i export this usefull to blender and what do i have to use as a setting there to not use the tetures but the face collors?
frank

James

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 10:24:07 AM »
Could it be the texture count parameter that you are looking for, in the texture generation step? This allows you to split the texture into several maps keeping each one below the maximum dimensions for your card. I haven't checked it in the latest version but think it's only available for generic mapping mode, otherwise perhaps you can modify the uvs yourself in blender, I think you can now import a model with multiple texture maps. I would normally test it myself before suggesting it on here but am out of the office today.

frank.stremke

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 11:08:39 AM »
this looks like what i was looking for how did i miss that .. cheking it out now...
thanks
frank

frank.stremke

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2014, 02:21:44 PM »
ok it works .... somehow but if i create more then one texture even if it is just 2 4096px then it PS becomes absolutly slow and not usable in textured view even if it was fine with one much bigger texture file can PS not handle to display this properly? or do i have some settings wrong?
frank