Forum

Author Topic: the new "optimize camera alignment" - is it useful for scanning human?  (Read 10203 times)

viper_0711

• View Profile
My rig is basically only for fully body scan. I found that in Batch processing window, the new (after v1.0) "optimize camera alignment" -
pre-1.0 versions do not have this and i use PS batch to align-dense cloud->mesh without problems.
so will this option automatically improve camera alignment and how should i use it?

thanks for any hints

artanim_

• View Profile
Re: the new "optimize camera alignment" - is it useful for scanning human?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 04:26:54 PM »
+1
I would be interested to know more about that option. It's only in PRO right?
What are the benefits of using such option?

Best regards,

Sylvain

ThomasVD

• View Profile
+1 I also don't fully understand how this feature works, any information would be very welcome!

Marcel

• View Profile
Optimize Alignment redoes the alignment based on the Sparse Cloud points in your project.

The advantage is that you can 'clean' the Sparse Cloud using the Gradual Selection tool. By getting rid of inaccurate points and redoing the alignment, you will have a more accurate alignment (and hopefully a better Dense Cloud). We haven't done any in-depth testing to see how much difference it actually makes, I hope to do that in the future. It'll be nice to know if it actually makes sense to go through the extra steps (on a Sparse Cloud with lots of points the gradual selection is quite slow).