Forum

Author Topic: Tags of exported camera data XML file have been changed in 0.8.3  (Read 4746 times)

ju523m

Tags of exported camera data XML file have been changed in 0.8.3
« on: September 29, 2011, 10:32:47 AM »
Hi,
I just recently ran into an unhandeled exception with a program I had written to exploit the camera data xml file that can be exported frm PS.

The structure of the XML file was changed. Instead of having seperate tags <R> and <t> for rotation matrix and translation vector, now in version 0.8.3 it seems to be a  homogenous 4 x 4 transformation matrix. Is that correct?

I was a little astonished about that, because I did not find any hint on that change, neither in the change log, nor in the 0.8.3. manual. Did I miss something?

kind regards

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Tags of exported camera data XML file have been changed in 0.8.3
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 02:29:59 PM »
Hello ju523m,

We have changed the structure of .xml camera data to unify the format with Python functionality.

But despite the new version exports data in the new format (as 4x4 matrix), it still accepts input .xml in the old format.

The latest version exports a 4x4 homogeneous transformation matrix from camera coordinates to world coordinates. This is an inverse of the projection matrix used in earlier versions.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 02:33:18 PM by Alexey Pasumansky »
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC