Forum

Author Topic: Alignment and order of photographs  (Read 2967 times)

William Ringle

• View Profile
Alignment and order of photographs
« on: June 01, 2014, 06:08:47 PM »
I have noticed that sometimes when I add additional photographs to a chunk, the new photos are added at the beginning of the list and alignment fails. Whereas, for instance, previously 55/56 aligned, after adding 7 photographs, only those 7 or a few more align. (I am taking shots of a long building.) If I remove all the photographs and reenter them, so that they are in their correct numerical image order, nearly all will again align.

Am I doing something wrong or is this due to the algorithm for finding adjacent photos? If the latter, a useful modification would be the ability to move photos or sets of photos further down the list without having to remove and re-attach them.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Alignment and order of photographs
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 06:40:05 PM »
Hello William,

Such behavior is likely indicating the alignment result is not stable. In this case PhotoScan will choose the biggest aligned group of images.
The subsequent alignment of the whole set may be a result of randomized algorithms used during Align Photos stage, "good luck" is possible to say so.

So actually I recommend to check the overlap between the images and make sure that there's at least triple overlap for the whole surface.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC