Forum

Author Topic: Orthophoto is created inverse to actual  (Read 5016 times)

benw

• View Profile
Orthophoto is created inverse to actual
« on: June 30, 2014, 02:14:17 PM »
I built an orthophoto of a large area of land. In the model it is shown correctly with the cameras placed in the correct spot and situated above the model like they are supposed to be. However, when I export an orthopohoto, the result is flipped inverse of what the model shows and what the ground looks like in real life. In other words, it looks like the program built the orthophoto from the back side of the mosaic. It has done this whether I align photos using generic or ground control. I have never had this problem before. Any ideas on what is wrong?

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Orthophoto is created inverse to actual
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 02:21:32 PM »
Hello benw,

The most likely reason are swapped X and Y columns in the Ground Control settings pane. In this case in the model view you'll also see that Z-axis is pointing beneath the ground, but should be directed from the ground to the cameras.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

benw

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 03:07:03 PM »
My X and Y columns are correct but the Error (deg) is very high and all of it is in the 170-190 degree range. Is there a way to fix this easily or will it require taking a new set of images?
Thanks!

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014, 03:08:38 PM »
Hello benw,

Could you please post a screenshots of the model view and ground control pane (source values)?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

benw

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2014, 03:02:15 AM »
Here are the screenshots of both the model and the ground control pane. This was one of 2 chunks performed at the same time. The 1st chunk performed correctly, the 2nd created the inverted orthophoto. Note that in the model view, the image is correctly oriented but in the inverted image it has been "flipped over" not just rotated. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.