Forum

Author Topic: Bad Allocation in Building Texture and a series of trailing problems  (Read 6832 times)

rexsham

• View Profile
I have a problem when using Photoscan Professional 1.0.4 build 1847
I am processing around 187 images with 5616*3744 resolution

From workspace I see this:
182cameras, 7 markers, 2797815points
Dense Cloud 142591765 points
3D Model 28370252 faces
Vertices 14192523

When I start to build Texture I selected:
Building Texture
Orthophoto
Mosaic
Texture size:
90000 x 1
Enable Colour Correction

I have a bounding box very tight
My computer has 32GB Ram, i5-2400 CPU and a Radeon 7850 with 2G Ram

What I got is Bad Allocation Error in the console.
The software did not prompt a dialog box but it just go into a "Not Responding" mode
While CPU usage is held around 60% and Ram usage is around 5G when it goes into "Not Responding" mode, also OpenCL shows GPU usage is around 60% too.

So I force closed the program. Now when I open the project again, the program becomes very slow and sometimes windows display "Program Not Responding" and it will recover after some random time and go into "Program Not Responding" again. The model view cannot be rotated anyway and when I drag the mouse, the program goes into  "Program Not Responding" and need to wait for a long time to recover.

The program consumes 60% of GPU and 70% of CPU and 6G Ram as long as the project loads and when I try to start building texture again, it will stay in Progress 0% forever.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 10:12:25 AM by rexsham »

Wishgranter

• View Profile
    • Museum of Historic Buildings
Re: Bad Allocation in Building Texture and a series of trailing problems
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 12:30:02 PM »
restart PC and recommend to update GPU drivers to the newest..... report back then what you observe afher updates and restarts.....

----------------
www.mhb.sk

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 02:17:56 PM »
Hello rexsham,

Building 90k x 90k texture atlas requires much more than 32 GB RAM. The first sub-step of building texture - texture atlas parametrization doesn't require much RAM and you get through it, but then the texture atlas generation itself will require a huge amount of RAM for 90 000 x 90 000 image (i'm even not sure, how you've planned to use that) and actually fails to allocate it in the memory space.

Also I could recommend to turn off color correction, as it is not necessary in most cases, but takes a long time to complete.

Maybe you can specify the task you are planning to complete, so that we could suggest some workaround.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

rexsham

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 11:48:29 PM »
Thanks both,

My drivers are latest already and reboot resumes the normal operation of the program.

I just try it randomly with a large number.
I suggest there should be automatic abort or warning to stop users from getting their machines into weird status and need to force close the program.

I can finish the job with a 10000 x 10000 image without problem now.