Forum

Author Topic: After Align Photos, Image swapping?  (Read 9001 times)

Infinite

• View Profile
After Align Photos, Image swapping?
« on: October 31, 2011, 07:34:43 PM »
I'm new here and to using Agisoft PhotoScan (incredible software)  :)

I was wondering, when using a fixed Camera Rig, after loading the images into Agisoft and doing Align Photos would it be possible to be able to swap in and out images keeping that alignment position? perhaps by right clicking on the Blue Camera position Square in the viewport?

This would be very handy for a Camera Rig that is fixed and never moves but the subject might do, so new sets can be processed using the same Camera positions. Would this work with Agisoft?

I have noticed that if I load image sets taken with the same cameras in the same position in Real Life, I run Align Photos and do Build Geometry and sometimes the size of the exported .obj will differ from a previous build from another set of photos. Even though those Photos were taken from the same position on the same rig?

I hope my request makes sense.

Best,
Lee

« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 09:23:49 PM by Infinite »

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: After Align Photos, Image swapping?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 03:57:18 PM »
Hello Lee,

PhotoScan allows to use the fixed Camera Rig. In this case the workflow is the following:
- load the photos and perform the align photos procedure.
- export camera positions using Export Points command in File menu (export to .xml)
- when processing another set of images - load photos, import camera positions using Import Cameras command in Tools menu
- answer "Yes" when PhotoScan asks to rebuild the point cloud

In this case the models would be built in the same coordinate frame.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Infinite

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 07:32:21 PM »
Alexey thank you very much for the reply, I will certainly try that out. A most useful workflow.  :)

EDIT* Works a treat! thanks!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 07:40:20 PM by Infinite »

gjpetch

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 05:14:22 AM »
Hey Lee, I've had success just renaming photos, like aligning the photos and building the mesh with photos that have an active projected noise pattern, then swapping all those photos to ones taken from the same position with no projected pattern to generate the texture, and that worked pretty well.