Forum

Author Topic: Menus "grayed out" and not functioning, and problems with saving projects  (Read 5277 times)

Limpopo_River

• View Profile
After some PS operations are completed, e.g., dense point-cloud or mesh generation, the drop-down menus are grayed out and aren't functional.  This happens intermittently, without any apparent reason.  The console generally just says the operation is completed with exit code "1."  The only way I've found that allows me to access the menus is to use the "quit" PS drop-down command, and then cancel when the pop-up menu appears asking if you want to save the project before quitting, or to use the save button.  However, if for some reason you don't want to save the result of the last operation, don't "cancel" in the middle of the save--you will likely lose your photo-alignment, point-cloud, and mesh, or render the model unreadable.

Another issue I found when working on a model stored on a portable hard drive is that if you save a project to a drive that runs out of space, PS doesn't warn you that there isn't enough space on the drive and doesn't inform you that the model hasn't saved completely.  I thought I had saved a project, but when the next operation ran out of memory and PS crashed, I had to reboot the computer.  Only then I found out that the last save wasn't completed and the project file couldn't be opened, causing a loss of three days' of work.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Hello Limpopo_River,

Regarding the first issue, could you please specify the OS you are using and if this problem could be reproduced anyhow?

As for the second comment, the next update will warn used about low disk space.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Limpopo_River

• View Profile
Hi Alexey,

The menu problem has occurred intermittently on two of my Macs with OS 10.9.4 (Mavericks), on a Macbook Pro laptop (late 2013) and a Mac Mini (late 2012).  The Mac Pro (used) is new to me and I don't think it has occurred yet using OS 10.8.5, but I've only made a couple of runs with it.  Apple has just given it a new install of OS 10.9.4 and a thorough testing, so I'll have more info on it in a few weeks.

Thanks for looking into these relatively minor items--I'm very happy with Photoscan; I just wanted to bring them to your attention.

LR

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Hello Limpopo_River,

Some time ago we were told about similar problem on Mac OS, but were not able to reproduce it. However, in the following post the workaround is given on how to avoid its consequences:
http://www.agisoft.ru/forum/index.php?topic=1476.msg9110#msg9110
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC