Forum

Author Topic: photoscan zbrush texture issue  (Read 6083 times)

aphextwin

• View Profile
photoscan zbrush texture issue
« on: August 08, 2014, 10:47:38 AM »
hi,

when I do 3D-Scanning with Photoscan I like to clean up my models in zbrush afterwards. For my convenience I rotate and move my model to be exactly perpendicular to the floor so it is easier for me to handle. After doing the cleanup I often put a box below it as a replacement for the raft for my fdm-printer so it looks nice. As you can imagine I work in PM3D and Dynamesh  knowing that I loose UV-coordinates. That has never been a problem as the FDM-printer does not support colored printing.
Now my issue is that I have to work for a z-printer where I need my textures. I know that workaround with retexturing in photoscan by creating uv-coordinates in zbrush and using them in photoscan (keep uv). The problem with that is that I loose the orientation when I move my object in zbrush so I cannot  retexture it in photoscan. Probably I have to change my workflow but can somebody give me a help with that?

thanks!

aphextwin

• View Profile
Re: photoscan zbrush texture issue
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 09:35:13 PM »
nobody knows?  :'(

Lambo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014, 10:29:24 PM »
Hi Aphex, you can not move the object in ZBrush in any way because Photoscan will not be able to remap the textures. I work the same way as you but I dont see the need to move the objects in ZBrush? I can work with the object fine.
I just do the work and re-export it to PS for the textures. Once in a while I get an issue with the position being wrong after an export.
A fix for that (that works a lot of times but not always) is to check the Export settings transforms on the original file that you got into ZBrush (on the bottom right area of the ZBrush screen) COPY those transforms and then paste them into the export settings of the final object you are trying to get into PS before you export it. That should get the object back to the original position.

Let me know if that works. If not I might have another possible way of fixing it but it is more involved.
Leo

Hybrid_75

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 12:14:00 AM »
Its just a workflow problem. You have to to any translations (moving,scaling etc) first on the original model that has the texture UVs on.
Then what I do is duplicate the tool divide up the triangulated model as much as your computer can handle and press "polypaint from texture".
Then I duplicate the original again, and either dynamesh or Zremesh the model. I'll UV that either in Maya or with UV master.
Then divide up the model if you need more resolution and project the details and polypaint from your high res model that has the polypaint texture onto the newly UV'd geometry.
Then you can transfer that to a bitmap and export it out if you want.
but for this process to work the models need to be in exactly the same position.