Forum

Author Topic: how to relate cameras and wrong parts of a cloud ?  (Read 2879 times)

nadar

• View Profile
how to relate cameras and wrong parts of a cloud ?
« on: August 15, 2014, 02:41:23 PM »
I'm trying to produce models of urban sites using both vertical and oblique photos acquired from an helicopter.
Sometimes, I got relatively good results, but some parts of the low-density cloud are obviously wrong:
a sub-cloud stretches outside of the model, rougly oriented on a oblique plane.
This suggests a wrongly computed camera orientation.
I have enough camera to remove a few badly oriented, but finding the culprit(s) is another story !
The only solution I found so far is to remove camera one by one and see the result in the model window.
As I often work with a few hunderds cameras, this procedure can be very tedious, especially if there are a few wrongly oriented parts of the cloud.

Is there a solution to:
a) select one camera (or group of cameras) and highlight corresponding parts of the cloud
or
b) select a part of the cloud and identify which camera(s) are involved in its construction.

(Otion b will of course be easier for my specific problem)

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: how to relate cameras and wrong parts of a cloud ?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 02:55:25 PM »
Hello nadar,

You can select points in sparse cloud and apply Filter by Points option. Then only images with the corresponding projections will be shown in the Photos pane.

Also I can suggest to look through images with low number of projections (can be sorted by that value in the Ground Control pane).
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

ozbigben

• View Profile
Re: how to relate cameras and wrong parts of a cloud ?
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 09:05:09 AM »
I've been doing some experimenting with shooting scenarios using screenshots from Skyrim (so no GPS coordinates to provide initial camera positions). I've had occasions where I've had two oblique planes and fixed it by setting the initial lens settings with the calculated values from the alignment and repeating the alignment step.  I've also had situations where large groups of images in a sequence weren't aligned, but selecting them and aligning just the selected images worked nicely. Image sets were about 500 in these cases