Forum

Author Topic: Roadmap & Upgrades 2014  (Read 8290 times)

Patribus

• View Profile
Roadmap & Upgrades 2014
« on: August 18, 2014, 10:53:58 AM »
Dear PhotoScan team,

first of all, let me say that I'm really fond of your program.  Not only I like the simplicity of using it, but also the results I get for my very concrete user case have been better than with other software on the market, e.g. Pix4D (at least it was like this one year ago).

At the same time I'm following the development of other software and I see, that new features, functions and tools appear, which I would very much need in my present work (I don't think I need to mention them here, since the 'request'-forum is full of them).

Since there hasn't been an upgrade for some time now, I suppose you're working on  a major upgrade of PS. Is this correct?

Could you give some hint about when the next changes in PS are coming and eventually which new features you're working on (I know it's not usual, or better unwanted to reveal such infos in advance, due to competition issues...), but the thing is, I will see myself forced to try out other software in a near future (e.g. Pix4D) in order to solve some problems I'm having in creating my 3D models with PS (not related to the process itself, but with the nature of the data, so that it would be advantageous to have more analysis tools to understand the results).

Maybe you are able to give some hint regarding this subject...

Best regards

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Roadmap & Upgrades 2014
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 12:53:57 PM »
Hello Patribus,

We are indeed planning major update soon. I think that pre-release version would be available from forum in a pre-release state in a month or so.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Patribus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 05:49:12 PM »
Thank you for your info.

Exhale

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 01:49:46 AM »
Major Update.......   Sounds exciting  :D

James

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 10:20:51 AM »
By major update, do you mean jumping to 2.x already?

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2014, 11:29:07 PM »
No, it would be version 1.1.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Darko

• View Profile
    • CADCOM
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2014, 08:50:12 AM »
Dear Alexey,

I've seen the pirate version of the Photoscan. Please, pay attention to it and make some better protection for the next upgrade.

wojtek

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2014, 03:38:03 PM »
Every software gets pirated, extra protection usually only means more hassle for the legit users :)

Patribus

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2014, 04:20:42 PM »
Every software gets pirated, extra protection usually only means more hassle for the legit users :)

+1

wojtek

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2014, 01:57:40 PM »
Soo, are we in for some update action?  ;D

Patribus

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2014, 02:54:22 PM »
I'm also waiting nervousliy ;-)

JMR

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2014, 12:33:29 AM »
I'd welcome any extra hassle:
1 The lesser is the amount of non legit users, the more money for Agisoft team... this money can be very well invested
2 The price of our work will keep according to its value.
3 If your competitor plays the same rules, you will feel stimulated to do it better instead of feel the idiot for paying.
4 The pirate has no respect for the developers, he chooses to ignore the work they make, he surely ignores also the photogrammetrists, mathematicians, surveyors, etc. that have made possible the fact that we work with Photoscan today.
Why not to accept some hurdles if they make it harder the piracy?
You have to pay a ticket for the train, but some just jump on, and they many times manage to arrive before you and make your legit work just negligible... and they will shout  "hey man, look, the so called Photogrammetry is just a matter of three buttons, it's not actual work!, why do you ask for money!"
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 12:38:11 AM by JMR »

Darko

• View Profile
    • CADCOM
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2014, 10:57:26 AM »
I agree with the JMR in total. The first time I've seen Photoscan I was scared with the ease it handles houndreds of photos and makes reliable and good reseults withtn the hours instead of days of hard work. And now when I see that somone has it without paying a cent for it I am scared more.
How about USB dongle?