Forum

Author Topic: Alignment Fail on newer version  (Read 4714 times)

OFU_UIB

• View Profile
Alignment Fail on newer version
« on: August 18, 2014, 05:53:40 PM »
Hello

I was recently out in the field where i did a quick capture of a an engraved standing stone (28 images). It was meant to be a test to see how well shallow engravings would show up when using images captured with a low quality camera (Iphone 5). I Ran the test on my field computer which had an old version of Photoscan installed (Prior to"dense cloud"). The result turned out great.

I later ran the same image set after having updated to the current version of Photoscan. this time the image alignment proses results in a big mess. The cameras appear to have been aligned on top of each other. I have tried the image set on several computers running the latest version of Photoscan Professional all wit the same failed result.

I have discovered that it is possible to make the images align if i remove all images containing parts of the background of the seen. Any ideas as to what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks for any help and inputt  :)

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Alignment Fail on newer version
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 06:36:41 PM »
Hello OFU_UIB,

Could you please send a couple of images to support@agisoft.ru?

In case you are using Professional edition, PhotoScan can automatically load EXIF GPS tags, so I recommend to check Ground Control pane and if there's any coordinate information remove it, then switch coordinate system to Local coordinates and finally reset chunk transform.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

OFU_UIB

• View Profile
Re: Alignment Fail on newer version
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 12:34:36 PM »
Hello OFU_UIB,

Could you please send a couple of images to support@agisoft.ru?

In case you are using Professional edition, PhotoScan can automatically load EXIF GPS tags, so I recommend to check Ground Control pane and if there's any coordinate information remove it, then switch coordinate system to Local coordinates and finally reset chunk transform.

Hello Alexey,

I have now sent some images, the log file and print screen just in case it helps. The email subject is: OFU_UIB: Alignment Fail on newer version.

I checked the Ground control panel, and no data is listed. I've also made sure it is set to a local coordinate system.

Let me know if you need anything else