Forum

Poll

How to set scale bars properly and fix export problem ?

scale bar
0 (0%)
export problem
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Scale Bar Bug - Export problem  (Read 4946 times)

sykynko

• View Profile
Scale Bar Bug - Export problem
« on: August 20, 2014, 02:55:31 PM »
Hello

I am using Photoscan Pro v. 1.0.4 1847 64bit. Win 7.

I have a problem with scale bars and exporting. I have my model, a vase, prepared for export, all steps done, align photos, building dense clouds, mesh and texture.
Now I just want to scale it to proper dimensions and export it to 3rd party 3d program ,either obj. or fbx. file formats.
Please see attached screen shot.

project consists of one chunk - 82 cameras. 240574 points. I decimated the mesh to 3800 faces.

I created two markers on the top of the hole of vase - diameter of the hole..create a scale bar from these two points and set the distance to 0.14 m. (known value of the model)

Markers are unchecked, and scale bar is checked..after this I pressed update...the viewport of the model reseted to default view, like it meant it did something..ok

then i exported it - obj and fbx I tried...

but in other 3d programs I imported the model to (3ds max, blender) ..the model is absolutely deformated (like other model I imported) and is very small , doest correspond to the scale I set in photoscan..

When I didnt use the scale bar in photoscan and exported it, it exports correctly, no deformations, but in the scale i dont want to..

so please could you help with this how to fix it , i would be very grateful....or what am I doing wrong ?

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Scale Bar Bug - Export problem
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 12:29:15 PM »
Hello sykynko,

Sorry for the late reply.

I can suggest to switch the coordinate system in the Ground Control pane settings dialog from WGS84 to Local Coordinates, press update button and re-export the model.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC