Forum

Author Topic: Align photos of same object in two different environments using masks?!  (Read 2706 times)

Patribus

• View Profile
Hello,

I'm trying to align photos taken from the same object in two different surroundings. The first set of images (around 25) are aligned taking the surroundings into account, the second set of photos (also around 25) will have the surroundings of the objects masked. The surfaces of the object appear in images of the first set as well as of the second set, so I would expect PS to be able to match all photos independently from the set they belong to.

But somehow the whole thing does not work. Am I missing something?

Light conditions are similar in both sets.

I have attached one example of two images which would correspond. I do not know if this is the best example, but just to give you an idea.

FoodMan

• View Profile
Re: Align photos of same object in two different environments using masks?!
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 05:24:46 PM »
you should mask both set of images and put them in one single chunk..

f/

Patribus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 05:31:29 PM »
you should mask both set of images and put them in one single chunk..

f/

Well, they are all in the same chunk. I can try masking also the first set of photos. I did not do this, 'cause I thought this is not necessary.

And: I suppose that the mask does not interfere with setting GCP in masked images?! I.e., even if they are 'hidden' behind the mask, I'll be able to set points there, correct?

Patribus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 07:31:38 PM »
OK, so I found my problem and it is simpler than what one would think.

In the cases I looked at the images of the two different sets seem to have a two high angle between them, so that PS is not able to match them. In another case it worked.

Masking only one of the two sets is also OK, but sure, one has to clean the point cloud later on (which for me seems to be less work than masking 25 images).

So, I think that was it with this subject.

Cheers