Forum

Author Topic: How much does colour difference have an impact on PhotoScan ?  (Read 3359 times)

Exhale

• View Profile
How much does colour difference have an impact on PhotoScan ?
« on: September 08, 2014, 04:58:27 PM »
Hi everyone,
There is a duty for me with many photos and when i do the alignment process, PhotoScan aligns very well..
However I think depending on the colour difference with the each photo, PhotoScan can not create a good dense cloud. Some photos a bit reddish , another a bid blueish.. I checked the matches of some photos and it was reported as (example) 5 valid, 98 invalid.
How much can colour balance have an impact on process ?   BTW, Also is there any tricks to balance the colours in the photos? perhaps software? I tried playing on colour levels for each photos. it made some difference but not as good as they should be. valid value was increased with this try.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 06:52:02 AM by Exhale »

FLuca

• View Profile
    • Another-me
Re: How much does colour difference have an impact on PhotoScan ?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 03:42:45 PM »
Hi Exhale,
normally you should have consistent colour temperature with your cam in manual mode, or at least with this particular setting being fixed. shooting in automatic mode will give you inconsistent colours and lighting appearance, which will decrease matching process efficiency.
to get matching colours over a set of images, you can use raw images from you cam and set the colour temperature with lightroom or any other software processing the raws.
you can also change the colour temperature from any other picture type (jpg, png, tiff) with lightroom but I guess you will have to adjust it manually for each image
using raw images allows a wide range of adjustements after the shooting which are not possible with jpg (or with less control)
Fred Lucazeau - Body Scan - www.another-me.fr
Sketchfab gallery: https://sketchfab.com/fredlucazeau

Derina

• View Profile
Re: How much does colour difference have an impact on PhotoScan ?
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2014, 01:13:20 AM »
May i know which system you are using ? After that i can give some of advices depends to your system