Forum

Author Topic: Approach 3D model beach  (Read 2937 times)

JulienGroenenboom

• View Profile
Approach 3D model beach
« on: September 09, 2014, 03:50:37 PM »
Hello,

I am working on a project of a 3D reconstruction of a beach. I have only been working for a few days now with Agisoft so any help is welcome.

I am trying to create a DEM of my project site after deleting background noise like vegetation in the dunes, sailboats and beach clubs. I included a picture to show the environment.

I would like to know if my approach is correct: I aligned my photos, added ground control points and optimized them by the known coordinates. I export the matching points to another program, filter the vegetation, sailboats and beach clubs, create a mesh in that program and import the mesh in agisoft, than building the texture in Agisoft and create DEM/orthophoto.

The questions I have got:

1) Is my approach correct?

2) Does anyone have a recommendation for software to use for the filter steps? Meshlab?
I also found something very interesting at http://nicolas.brodu.net/en/recherche/canupo/, but I don't know if this can do the trick for me.

3) Is this the way to classify/delete points from the point cloud model? I know the classification is also possible in Agisoft PS, but this seems to be not sophisticated enough for the filtering I mentioned / or it is just me not finding the right parameters

Any help or suggestion is very welcome.

MiguelVarela

• View Profile
Re: Approach 3D model beach
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2015, 05:04:24 PM »
Hi Julien,

I'm having the same issues. I need to remove the vegetation from a beach but I'm finding it hard to do with Agisoft alone.
Did you managed to solve this?

Thanks!

bigben

• View Profile
Re: Approach 3D model beach
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2015, 07:56:27 AM »
Have you tried the approach in the tutorial? http://www.agisoft.com/index.php?id=35