Forum

Author Topic: Yongnuo Transceivers and double ballhead clamp  (Read 7377 times)

Pearse

• View Profile
Yongnuo Transceivers and double ballhead clamp
« on: September 16, 2014, 11:29:16 AM »
Gradually, my rig is coming together and I wanted to share with you a little info on a couple of products I've tried.

First, is the Yongnuo Tranceiver. Very cool device. When you order, you get 2 units, with each unit being both a transmitter and a receiver. Hense, the "transceiver" designation. Consequently, if you have multiple cameras, you need only the one transmitter and the rest are all receivers.
When ordered, they came 2 to a package for about $30.00. The package only has the one cable, so you will need to purchase extras. However, even with that additional cost, I'm into each unit for under $20.00. And, yes, they work with my Alien Bees flash.

Here's the one's I got

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HOX8X9G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The other product I picked up is a multifuction double ballhead clamp for clamping the cameras to the tripod. It works and they run about $20.00 each.

Here's where I got them.

http://www.coollcd.com/coolballheadv4-multifunction-double-ballhead-w-clamp-14-screw-1138_p1138.html

Hope this helps

Lambo

• View Profile
Re: Yongnuo Transceivers and double ballhead clamp
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 02:08:19 AM »
Hi Pearse, cool that your system is going good! I use the same Yongnuo transceivers and they are working pretty good so far. You get 1 that doesn't work correctly every 15 or 20 of them but for the price, you cant beat that.
As for the clamps, I used some of those and I didn't like the strength of the clamping and they started slowly slipping down.
I do have however have the ones that you are using on the top of the stands but I have them holding  with superclamps on the sides of the stands and they are super strong and it is the cheapest you can do for a setup that solid.
Leo

Pearse

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 08:56:10 PM »
Thanks Leo
I'm not clear on your last sentence. What kind of superclamps?

Yes, I've been wondering how these clamps would hold up...

Pearse

Magnus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2014, 10:19:15 AM »
Hello!

I assume Leo is talking about these http://www.manfrotto.com/super-clamp-without-stud. They are great, I use them for cameras but also for rigging stuff.
Manfrottos Nano clamps are pretty neat too http://www.manfrotto.com/nano-clamp.

I have some of those other clamps too (coollcd) and have managed to break the handles on two of them when tightening, hehe.  :P

Best, Magnus.

amaze3d

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2014, 01:35:54 PM »
Hi Pearse
  I use Yongnuo too, its working fine and stable.

Lambo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2014, 06:13:19 AM »
Hi Pearse, yes I was talking about the Manfrotto Superclamps that Magnus clarified earlier.  I am sorry I didnt answer earlier but I have been really busy :(
Leo

dimaego

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2014, 03:31:25 PM »
Hey guys.
Does any one know how many cameras i can connect to such single transmitter?
I have 100 canons and was wondering if i could all connect them to a single Yongnuo Upgrade RF-603 transmitter (all cameras would have Yongnuo Upgrade RF-603 as Receivers)

Lambo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2014, 11:12:40 PM »
So far I have been able to connect 63 cameras with 1 single transmitter. It works good 99% of the time.
Leo