Forum

Author Topic: consistent crashes and project file corruption while aligning [Ubuntu]  (Read 4035 times)

harrinj

• View Profile
Hello,

I am a new photoscan user. I have spent some time with the demo version and had some success with the program. However, I bought a Professional license and installed it on Ubuntu. Now, I can't get the software working. Everytime i start a project, it aligns some photos, crashes while saving and corrupts the project file. I have tried with different datasets, different photos, etc. I get an error when I run the software, "QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSLv2 ..." and when it crashes I get the message:, "Segmentation fault (core dumped).

Any advice? could there be soemthing wrong with my install? maybe a package is missing or something?

Many thanks,
Jon

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: consistent crashes and project file corruption while aligning [Ubuntu]
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 03:36:05 PM »
Hello Jon,

First message may be related to the automatic check for updates feature, so you can disable it in the PhotoScan Preferences window if the message does annoy you. However, it doesn't seem to be affecting the processing anyhow.

As for the crashes, have you already submitted the crash report?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

harrinj

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 04:04:14 PM »
Hello Alexey,

Yes I have submitted a couple of the crash reports. I am having a little bit of success today, but it is still crashing a lot. Thank you for the clarification regarding the startup error.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 04:23:51 PM »
Hello harrinj,

The crashes (if we have identified the reports correctly) seem to be connected with OpenGL device, looks like software renderer (Mesa) is used. If you have any graphic card installed, I suggest to check if correct drivers are installed.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

harrinj

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2014, 05:03:39 PM »
thanks so much for looking into that! It is true -- I just checked and my workstation doesn't seem to be running the correct drivers. I will provide any updates if I have further problems with the software.