Forum

Author Topic: Problems Building Geometry  (Read 4343 times)

tdepke

• View Profile
    • Graduate Student Profile
Problems Building Geometry
« on: November 15, 2011, 01:32:59 AM »
Howdy all,

I've encountered the problem a few times now and I am unsure why it is occuring and how to fix it. After doing a Build Geometry, the results say that there were 200,000 faces when this is clearly not the case. Here is a screenshot of the project. There are 3 chunks, and as you can see, the middle chunk did not come out right.

http://www.tylerdepke.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/SS-3-Chunks-Middle-Missing.jpg

I'm wondering why the middle portion of the model, where the cameras had what I would consider better angles, did not come out correctly. I am looking at my GCP's right now, but they don't look too bad either so I am stumped. I ran all three chunck as batch processes where they were to all build geometry and build textures.

Thanks,

Tyler

tdepke

• View Profile
    • Graduate Student Profile
Re: Problems Building Geometry
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 02:58:43 PM »
I redid the right chunk in this project with more accurate GCPs, so it could have been that the GCPs were off, but the RMSEs were not that high. Here is what I am getting now though. You can see that there is primarily a single plane (which is a riverbank) and almost completely perpendicular there are at least two planar features that are just way off...Do you know how/why this happened?

Here is a screenshot:
http://www.tylerdepke.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Polygon-Build-Linear-Error.jpg

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Problems Building Geometry
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 05:50:31 PM »
Hello Tyler,

On the first screen it seems that you have quite a number of photos taken from the same position (disabled on the picture). It is not good for PhotoScan and may cause unwanted effects and artifacts.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC