Forum

Author Topic: Agisoft PhotoScan 1.1.0 pre-release  (Read 177330 times)

ppkong

• View Profile
Re: Agisoft PhotoScan 1.1.0 pre-release
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2014, 11:50:49 AM »
Why can't export tiles feature use other formats? And cann‘t select the cubic export? And export time increase more than 20 times times

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2014, 11:55:54 AM »
Hello Patribus,

For the versions 2.0 there will be other license keys, but your current key will remain valid for the previous versions.
Currently I can't say anything about upgrade price, because it is a long way to the version 2.0.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

ppkong

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2014, 12:15:16 PM »
When I use the distributed processing tests, always prompt:can't load project

bigben

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2014, 02:22:31 PM »
Hello bigben,

Possibly the problem is due to the layer name. It seems to be Alpha 1 and may be incorrectly interpreted.

Hi Alexey

I tested changing the name back to just alpha but that didn't work. Importing the masks from these images worked in 1.0, and I hadn't changed anything in the Photoshop action. I've tried old and new images but none worked.  I'll see if I can reproduce it on another computer.

Patribus

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2014, 02:43:41 PM »
Hello,

I do not know if it was already reportet, but exporting the dense point cloud using PLY does not work for me.

I did now reinstall the old version and I did not have any problems exporting the DPC using the same project.

Cheers

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2014, 09:44:45 PM »
Hello Patribus,

Thank you for reporting, we'll fix it in the next update.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2014, 09:46:05 PM »
Why can't export tiles feature use other formats? And cann‘t select the cubic export? And export time increase more than 20 times times
Hello ppkong,

TLS is intermeidate format with minimum settings, you can open it in Agisoft Viewer and convert to ZIP package, selecting settings that you've mentioned.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

andyroo

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2014, 01:05:30 AM »
I like the addition of the Export DEM and Export Orthophoto options, but one feature is missing that is critical to me - there is no way to select a coordinate system for export. I build the model in the native coordinate system for my GPS data (NAD 83 NSRS 2007 (which is the closest I can find to NAD 83 WA N CORS96), but export DEM in NAD83 UTM 10, and export ortho in WGS84.

It would be great if the export coordinate system could be specified. I am guessing that the project's default coordinate system is used.

Another feature that is missing from the DEM export (as far as how I use) is that there is no way to specify the cell interval. In other words, if I want multiple DEMs of the same area to all start on integer meters, or on 100s or 1000s meters, there is no way to control this through the batch dialog. This makes it impossible to export coincident (exactly overlapping) DEMs from the batch dialog.

But very cool addition. Could be a real time-saver if it fully supports the dialog box options.

Andy
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 01:10:25 AM by andyroo »

Kiesel

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2014, 01:31:12 AM »
Bisenberger: Can this version be installed alongside version 1.0.4, or does it overwrite it?

Yes you can, I have learnt this by Admir and I have just done it:

1. Copy your stable version folder "Photoscan" and rename it for example to "Photoscan_stable"
2. Deinstall Photoscan
3. Create a link to photoscan in the copied folder "Photoscan_stable"
4. Install pre-release

Now you have both versions parallel installed, you can try pre-release version and work with the stable version.

Karsten
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 11:50:53 AM by Kiesel »

mwillis

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2014, 02:22:00 AM »
I can confirm that importing alpha channel masks is not working.

-Mark

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2014, 07:55:39 AM »
Hello Mark,

Then can you send any sample image with alpha on support@agisoft.ru?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

bigben

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2014, 10:05:44 AM »
I tested on 2 different systems, and also did a clean install. Tried images that had worked with PS1.0 but couldn't get alphas to import from tiffs.

slawek555

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 28, 2014, 11:12:48 PM »
Hi,
I`ve got problem in 1.1.0 build 1976 release with variable placeholders in path property, in export model batch process job. In 1.0.4 version things like {projectfolder} and {chunklabel} was working, it was really helpful then running longer renders with many chunks. Right now it doesnt work at all. Value for path like {chunklabel}.obj creates files {chunklabel}.obj, so it doesnt allow to batch process and export more than one chunk, because every of them except last one will be overwritten.
Should i use diffrent tokens for chunk label? Does that functionality changed? Im talking about standard version.

bigben

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2014, 10:28:23 AM »
I tested on 2 different systems, and also did a clean install. Tried images that had worked with PS1.0 but couldn't get alphas to import from tiffs.

There is something weird going on here, although I'm not entirely sure what.  Working on the same project I updated my masks in Photoshop and tried re-importing them from PNG files.  Couldn't import for multiple files, but I could import for a single photo.

For multiple file imports console displays errors like this:

Can't load image:
c:\temp/filename.png

Note the forward slash before the file name.  Creating a new project and trying again, but now I can't get multiple PNGs to import the masks either.

Batch importing from alphas will clear any existing mask but not import the alpha, with no errors reported in the log

augeaz

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2014, 02:10:31 PM »
Hi guys

I managed to get the beta on one of my computers.
I run one of the models on medium quality simultaneously on two PC one with stable PS and one with beta PS.
These are things I noticed so far.

1. beta is faster
2. beta can extract more points
3. beta has a lot of new useful tools
More points to come as I will keep exploring.

Below please find medium dense point cloud visual comparison stable vs beta.

These gaps are all over the model using the same settings in beta and stable.

I hope it helps in bringing beta closer to RC.

Regards
Marcin