Forum

Author Topic: crop of invalid DEM  (Read 4988 times)

Kjellis85

• Archaeological field supervisor
    • View Profile
    • Contact information at University of Tromsø
crop of invalid DEM
« on: November 15, 2011, 08:03:47 PM »
How does this work? I tried it but it doesn't appear to change the fact that I get a negative value of 32000 or so on any DEM I export. The high value is okay, but the low value is always shown as ca -32000. I can bypass this visually, but the data is there still. Anyone else try this?

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: crop of invalid DEM
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 02:02:48 PM »
Hello Kjellis,

This feature removes all the additional faces that are build in Smooth mode leaving only those that are seen from at least two cameras.

In the next update we are going to implement feature that allows to define manually the number to stand instead of ~32000. Some GIS-packages do have the option to disable specified numbers.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

janosch1234

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 02:21:51 PM »
Hi Alexey,

it would be very cool if cropping of invalid 3d geometry could be implemented for the 3d view too.
And/or for the model export (but i guess its better for the 3d view, this way the texture atlas is better when the texture is calculated after cropping)

Regards
Jan

tdepke

• View Profile
    • Graduate Student Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 02:25:07 PM »
I'm just posting this from The ArcGIS help, but I was struggling trying to figure out exactly how this works, but here is what I found.

Similarly, in Map Algebra, SetNull is used to change all values that meet a specified condition to NoData. SetNull can be used for processing the remaining selected cells, to eliminate certain cells for future consideration within a model, or to create a mask. The syntax is as follows:

outraster = setnull(inraster1 > 5, inraster1)

In the above expression, any cell with a value greater than 5 will be set to NoData, and the remaining cells will retain their original value. Any location on either input containing NoData will output NoData for the location.

So potentially you could just set that really negative value to be null within Arc, if that is what you are doing.