Forum

Author Topic: Quo vadis, PhotoScan?  (Read 2583 times)

photogrammetrix

• View Profile
Quo vadis, PhotoScan?
« on: October 02, 2014, 11:40:51 PM »
Hi all,

thanks to the Agisoft team for putting a lot of effort in developing this good piece of software. Please forgive me the pathetic attitude in the title of this posting.

I was crossreading some of the latest feature requests and looked around on the fresh designed website. Photoscan is meanwhile used for a broad spectrum of applications reaching from gaming, multimedia and art to geoscience, GIS, mapping and surveying. This is an undoubtable proof for Photoscan's outstanding versatility.

Naturally all these different fields of interest have their legitimate wishes and needs for new functionality in the future.

For the moment Photoscan exposes itself to the user as more or less monolithic block of software covering everything "under one hood". I am wondering about the way and strategy the increasing number of features and functionality will be managed in the future - e.g. plugins, branche specific sub-versions, anything else???

In other words: "Quo vadis, Photoscan?"

Cheers

hengefjes

• View Profile
Re: Quo vadis, PhotoScan?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 10:34:33 PM »
As this is post nr.  10000 in this category,  I certainly hope they continue the same way as theyve done so far,  -  forward.