Forum

Author Topic: 'Model.renderNormal()' or something similar  (Read 3916 times)

Olliebrown

• View Profile
'Model.renderNormal()' or something similar
« on: October 16, 2014, 11:11:37 PM »
This may be a question or it may be a feature request if it doesn't exist yet.

When choosing 'export depth' for a complete model I am presented with a dialog where I can select from the options of 'texture', 'depth' and 'normal' images to export.  The texture option seems to correspond with the python function Model.renderImage() and the depth one goes with Model.renderDepth().

Where is the function for creating that normal map image?  Is this available via the scripting API somewhere else?  Is this something that could be added to a future version of the API so I could automate export of this image as well as the depth and texture images?

Another thing that would be helpful would be more information about the depth image that is created with this option.  To really be useful we need to know more about the camera projection matrix and the canonical viewing volume (specifically the near and far clipping planes).  I'm planning on reverse engineering this information but if you (or python) could simply provide me with it that would save a LOT of time!   ::)

Thanks!
Seth B.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: 'Model.renderNormal()' or something similar
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 07:08:21 PM »
Hello Seth,

We've implemented model.renderNormalMap() function in PhotoScan v 1.1 build 1982.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC