Forum

Author Topic: Camera Shutters and lens  (Read 5177 times)

jjllovera

• View Profile
Camera Shutters and lens
« on: October 19, 2014, 12:45:48 AM »
Hi, i have a nex 7 and i like know how take aerial photo every 1 second.

is it posible with a IR shutter

What lens recomend us for aerial photogrammetry

Thank

mobilexcopter

• View Profile
    • mobileXcopter
Re: Camera Shutters and lens
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 10:49:57 AM »
Hello,

for NEX7 1s trigger via IR you could use a simple IR trigger and a trigger pulse from the flight controller or a standalone solution like StratoSnapper IR trigger set to automatic timelapse or via switch with continous triggering and 1s delay option.

Best regards,

Alex

jjllovera

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 07:01:22 PM »
hello, thanks for the prompt reply

I read in a forum that the nex five can not take pictures at a lower rate of 2.2 seconds when the infrared trigger is used.

So I doubt if it is possible to take continuous pictures with the nex 7 1 second

Thank

mobilexcopter

• View Profile
    • mobileXcopter
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2014, 08:04:29 PM »
Hello,

Sorry, I misread the question.  ;)

I don't know if it is possible to achieve it with NEX 7 as I don't have one, but if it would be, that would be the solution.

I don't use IR triggering as it is slow and unreliable, but with NEX7 you don't have a lot of options. You can hack the shutter button or use a servo, but both are workarrounds.

With Sony A5000, A5100, A6000 you can use direct wire trigger and 1s triggering is no issue.

Best regards,

Alex
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 08:16:08 PM by mobilexcopter »

olihar

• View Profile

Darko

• View Profile
    • CADCOM
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2014, 12:22:16 PM »
Hi,
NEX5 works (manual focus and exposition), so I guess the NEX7 should work too with the 1 sec rate with rhe GENTLED remote shutter. I had NEX7 before it was sunk on the seabad (-50m) and it was working good with this shutter too. This shutter is smaller than a matchbox and it has 30 grams with the battery. It has intervalometer that can be adjusted by the screwdriver. About the lenses.. There is no perfect lens. I have tried 16mm pancake and it was the one that I've used 90%. It is light, small and wide but it is loosing sharpnes on the edge. I have tried Sigma 19mm but it didn't work well with the vibrations and pointed downwards. Zeiss distagon 19mm was catastrophic with the color aberation and HEAVY. So the final decision was 16mm.
The best pictures from the air (sharpest) I doing today with my Samsung NEX1000 with it's original cheap plastic lens 20-50mm set to aperture 8, and manual focus.

tazy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2014, 01:38:13 PM »
 I have tried Sigma 19mm but it didn't work well with the vibrations and pointed downwards. Zeiss distagon 19mm was catastrophic with the color aberation and HEAVY. So the final decision was 16mm....!!! :-\ :-\
Our complete set of 642-883 questions  test questions and ISEB  study guides you in exact way so you will pass your real Columbia University  exam & [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wi