Forum

Author Topic: Marker Coordinates ? Flipped model  (Read 6402 times)

easty

• View Profile
Marker Coordinates ? Flipped model
« on: October 29, 2014, 12:17:42 AM »
Hi All ,

I understand how I can use a couple of markers and create scale bars to get my pointcloud to be scaled correctly. I have been pointed to this tutorial on how to set it up http://www.agisoft.com/pdf/PS_1.0.0%20-Tutorial%20(BL)%20-%20Orthophoto,%20DEM%20(with%20GCP).pdf ..

But how on earth can I add a  Marker Coordinates file, when I dont have one. ? . I have a simple set of images of a building I took. Theres no GPS data not that it would be of any use. All I want it to be able to flip my model or at least have it in positive Y and be on a ground plane. Is it seriously that hard to do in this application. I dont want to rotate my object in a ad hoc fashion in the viewport , which has no ground plane and no accurate rotation method.  I did attempt to use a python script to do this , but every time to hit re-fresh the model rotates.

So my question is, is it simply impossible to do what I want in photscan and if its possible can I get a example scene file or a step by step guide..............

r

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Marker Coordinates ? Flipped model
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 12:34:00 AM »
Hello easty,

There's Rotate Object button on the Toolbar that will help to rotate the object relatively to the coordinate system axis (in the bottom-right corner of the Model view).
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

easty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, 04:25:33 AM »
Hi, After extensive testing , this is simply not the case. I can rotate the geometry , then export .The geometry and cameras dont even line up with each other. The software has great potential but its frankly useless for any kind of accuracy. Where you need need precise camera and camera plate relationships. The very fact your geometry is upside down even when you have added markers to define zero makes it a pain to work with.

Things that need addressing in my view

1)Get a ground plane
2) Improve viewport navigation, its very poor
3) Be able to build geometry Y up anchored on a defined ground plane
4) Ability to export points plus the cameras

r

« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 12:44:38 AM by easty »

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2014, 11:28:23 AM »
Hello easty,

It sounds strange that the model is not referenced correctly after you've added markers and input their coordinates. Are you sure that you are using are least three markers than do not lay on the same line?

Maybe alos you can provide any screenshots or send us the project file, as it is hard to understand what is not working in your case and why?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

easty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 12:57:31 AM »
Hi,
      Its not strange it just does not work. 4 Markers placed on the deck with the following transform matrix defining the origin

marker 1  = 0 , 0 , 0
marker 2  = 2 , 0 , 0
marker 3  = 2 ,0 , -2
marker 4  = 0 , 0 , -2

This defines a rectangle from some survey data. In prior posts you told me to manually rotate the model as pointed out even without the markers if you do that the Cameras do not follow and remain in there own local space.Import a FBX model into any 3d package and you can see if for yourself.

The whole model issue not being on some sort of plane is major issue. I need to export a model that sits on some sort of plane and has the cameras correctly aligned. Right now I am not getting that. I am going to give Nuke a trail as it seems to be now employing your technology.

r
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 01:06:06 AM by easty »

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2014, 01:18:00 AM »
Hello easty,

Maybe you can send this project to support@agisoft.com? Model and dense cloud could be removed from the project, as they are not needed. And please also attach a scheme on how the result should look (with axis directions).
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

easty

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2014, 02:08:36 AM »
I would have to find some other example that's not covered by a NDA.  All I want is a model that builds with Y up in your coord system and can be exported as an FBX so when it comes in the cameras and geo line up. All in Y

Right now with your  build 1.0.3 and OSX 10.9.4 the model comes in upside down and the cameras are not lined up with the geo , they are off in some other space. Any simple test will show that this feature is either broken or just does not work. Try it for yourself.

r

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2014, 06:59:19 AM »
Hello easty,

Then maybe you can post a screenshot of the source values (+ number of projections) for markers in the ground control pane and also the distribution of markers + axis orientation in the Model view (you can switch to the model view and remove all the polygons, to avoid any problems with the NDA).
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

easty

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2014, 08:12:55 AM »
Hi,
 Update for you I have upgraded to 1.04 and I have the FBX working. ie Cameras and geometry maintain a relationship. So thats a win

The big issue is still the fact I am having to rotate the geometry manually. In 3d we use + Y as up. I still dont get why 4 markers in a grid does not define the ground plane. There should be an easier way to define the grnd plane.

r

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2014, 10:24:40 AM »
Hello easty,

I also don't understand, why it doesn't work for you, so still will be interesting to see the screenshot of marker positions relatively to the coordinate system, and marker info (coordinates + number of projections and errors) from the Ground Control pane.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC