Forum

Author Topic: Dense Cloud quality setting, what does it control?  (Read 10461 times)

khryst

• View Profile
Dense Cloud quality setting, what does it control?
« on: January 26, 2014, 03:04:06 AM »
Is it strictly number of points generated? Or are those points intended to be more accurately placed when using High/UltraHigh?

Marcel

• View Profile
Re: Dense Cloud quality setting, what does it control?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 12:38:05 PM »
The Dense Cloud quality setting controls at which size the source images are used:

Ultra = full size
High = Downscaled to 50%
Medium = Downscaled to 25%
Low = Downscaled to 12,5%
Lowest = Downscaled to 6,75%

Please also see this thread: http://www.agisoft.ru/forum/index.php?topic=1741.0

I would still like to see a custom setting, where I can just fill out 75% for example. Some of my projects are getting too big on Ultra, and have too few points on High. Of course I could scale my source images, but having a scaling setting in Photoscan would be much faster.

onera

• View Profile
Differences in the quality of the dense cloud.
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 08:13:19 AM »
Hello Agisoft and community,

I'm interested about the differences in the quality when for an example you select between the medium, high and ultra quality at the dense cloud?

Someone have variation of different results produced in both settings?

Thanks!

Bruno Andrieu

• View Profile
Re: Dense Cloud quality setting, what does it control?
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2014, 11:21:08 AM »
Hello

Obviously the major effect is the higher density of the point cloud.
Beside this I could notice :
- On poor images, lower quality setting may allow photoscan to identify points in regions were no points are found at higher quality setting.  Because of the this, some time I merge dense points clouds calculated at two different quality settings (eg H and vH)
- 3D point positionning is less accurate in low quality setting ( probably more errors occur at the boudary between different objects)

Bruno