Forum

Author Topic: Out of Memory  (Read 1990 times)

Chubbydan

• View Profile
Out of Memory
« on: November 17, 2014, 01:35:00 PM »
Hi everyone,

Currently performing med vis work and have progressed well up until now. We have reached an area where there are fine details and so I've approached it two fold.

- I have taken approx 50 photos and processing has allowed me to obtain a dense cloud with ultra high settings. I cannot seem to progress past this stage to get mesh and no matter what settings I've tried to generate with I constantly get the message out of memory. Running a decent machine with about 25GB memory, has worked with everything else prior to this stage.

- Based on the troubles I am encountering I performed another capture session and took approx 400 photos. I am experimenting between using all of them or a selection of them to obtain results. Not the ideal solution but I have progressed to the point where I also have dense clouds based on chunks. I have two chunks which I am currently attempting to align.

Can anyone assist with the out of memory issue or with chunk alignment as I cannot seem to find anything to assist. Is it perhaps better to process into a mesh and then attempt to align the meshes?

Cheers,

Dan

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Out of Memory
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 05:13:46 PM »
Hello Dan,

You can check approximate memory consumption depending on the image number/resolution and processing settings used in the following document: http://www.agisoft.com/pdf/tips_and_tricks/PhotoScan_Memory_Requirements.pdf

What type of objects you are reconstructing and are you sure that using Ultra quality produces much better results than High? Because if the images are not sharp enough, you would not see much difference between High and Ultra quality.

As a workaround you can vary a bounding box to create mesh parts in the duplicated chunks based on the same bounding box, later you'll be able to merge chunks with the models.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC