Forum

Author Topic: Memory consumption for EXPORT TILES  (Read 5328 times)

Darko

• View Profile
    • CADCOM
Memory consumption for EXPORT TILES
« on: November 16, 2014, 12:09:53 AM »
Hi,
 I have produced ultra high quality dense cloud with 191.489.819 points. My configuration is 8 core AMD with 32 Gb RAM AND Nvidia GTX 970. Whatever setup of pixel or tile size I try the result is always the same "NOT ENOUGH MEMORY" message appears on the screen.

What is the memory configuration sufficient for this kind of job? Why it doesn't simply start to page to the disk instead of error reporting and stopping the process?

Can you, please, explain the affection of the tile and pixel size to the final quality of the model?

Best regards,
Darko
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 12:14:27 AM by Darko »

stihl

• View Profile
Re: Memory consumption for EXPORT TILES
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2014, 09:38:03 PM »
Can you give us some more information?

What're you exporting? Pointcloud, DEM, Ortho..and in what format.

You said you've tried exporting in tiles? How big were the tiles? I've succesfully exported ortho images based on a pointcloud with over 2 billion points (high mesh) with a tile size of 20k pixels by 20k pixels based on a GSD of 5cm, which gives you tiles of 1km by 1km.

Darko

• View Profile
    • CADCOM
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 10:43:59 AM »
Hi Stihl,

I have tried to export .TLS model for viewing with the AgiSoft Viewer. I did it right after the DENSE POINT CLOUD generation which has been done using the ULTRA HIGH setting with the MILD depth filtering. The ground resolution was set to 5cm and Tile number to 256.

Actually I was quite impressed with the quality of model viewed by the AgiSoft Viewer and wanted to get the best possible results from my aerial photos. So far I am experimenting with different way of taking photos and other setup in PhotoScan. Do you have any suggestions?

Best regards,
Darko

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2014, 05:54:39 PM »
Hello Darko,

As model export into tiles is rather new feature, there are still options for the memory consumption optimization and speed of the process.

Is it possible to provide us the project file (with the dense cloud) for testing purposes, so that we can perform the tile export on our side and check the consumption peak? If you wish, we can also send you back the TLS file, but for this case we also need original image set.

In case you are interested, let me know and I'll send you access settings to our ftp-server for the data upload.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Darko

• View Profile
    • CADCOM
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2014, 10:44:02 PM »
Thank's Alexey,

I'll upload whaever you want. Just give me the idea what is the best workflow to make a nice looking model out of my photos. So, please, give me the access to your FTP server.

Best regards,
Darko Car

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2014, 03:36:40 PM »
Hello Darko,

Please check build 1998 of PhotoScan 1.1.0, memory consumption of tile export process has been optimized and should be lower now.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Santiago

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2015, 09:42:29 PM »
Hi I'm getting an intant crash when trying to export tiles. I've tried several parameters for the tile and pixel size of the model. I want to try the agisoft viewer. Does anyone else has this issue. The issue just says can't export model and this error doesn't occur when exporting the 3D model.

Best,

Santiago