Forum

Author Topic: TLS file format  (Read 24129 times)

Darko

• View Profile
    • CADCOM
TLS file format
« on: December 05, 2014, 04:52:50 PM »
Hello,

I am just wondering is there any GIS or CAD software that can directly use the TLS produced by PhotoScan?

Best regards,
Darko

stihl

• View Profile
Re: TLS file format
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 09:50:02 PM »
Hi Darko.

I wasn't aware of any TLS file format. Nor did I find any information about it on the web nor could I find any export options regarding 'TLS' in Photoscan...

Did you mean Tiles instead?

chrisd

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 10:16:44 PM »
I think TLS means terrestrial laser scanning, rather than a specific format. Point Cloud formats like PLY, XYZ, LAS, Orthophotos, or DEM files can be exported from Photoscan Pro.

Check the Photoscan Pro manual (downloads) for a listing of all export options.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 10:18:33 PM by chrisd »

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2014, 10:20:12 PM »
TLS export format in PhotoScan 1.1 stands for tiles export. It is intermediate formats that can be displayed in Agisoft Viewer. Also Viewer can be used for TLS conversion to other formats, chunk use Convert option after right-clicking on the loaded dataset.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Darko

• View Profile
    • CADCOM
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2014, 01:32:11 PM »
Hi Alexey,

The question is about the export since I see only two possible export formats, PhotoMesh Layer and PhotoScan Tile Archive. How can I use those files, where? Is there any way I can import any of those models in AutoCad and draw over them?

Best regards,
Darko

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2014, 02:11:43 PM »
Hello Darko,

PhotoScan Tile Archive contains level of details tiled pyramid in common mesh formats (like OBJ, OpenCTM and etc.)

PhotoMesh Layer format can be use to exchange PhotoScan export data with Skyline City Builder, Agency9 City Planner and Diginext VirtualGeo.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Darko

• View Profile
    • CADCOM
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2015, 11:58:09 PM »
Hi Alexey,

As I see from the respond on this forum there is not too many TLS model users. I think it is wonderfull and I am waiting  for you to make something new in the viewer. So far I haven't found any simple CAD solution that can directly read and use your TLS. There are some rumours that Bently will include direct support for Acute's model. Are you planning something simmilar with your TLS? I would like to be able to draw something directly in your model, will I be ever able to do sothing like this?

Best regards,
Darko

spiker

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2015, 03:20:56 PM »
Where is the export meny for PhotoMesh Layer format?

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2015, 04:34:39 PM »
Hello spiker,

At the moment you need to open TLS in Agisoft Viewer and then choose Convert option for the dataset to save it in PhotoMesh Layer format.
In the next version we are planning to implement also direct export from PhotoScan.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Diego

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2015, 05:51:12 PM »
In the next version we are planning to implement also direct export from PhotoScan.

That would be fantastic, but the interesting thing is that the export option is available without the need to create dense cloud of points, that is only where there is a mesh textured and ready. Clear this for projects that have previously created a mesh and texture.

hhsokkia

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2015, 11:25:33 AM »
hello:

firstly, thanks all!, about TLS file format, we really want to know how to to exchange PhotoScan export data with Skyline City Builder, Agency9 City Planner and Diginext VirtualGeo. in my mind, skyline city builder ,Agency9 city builder and Diginext VirtualGeo cannot find this format?? would you mind to tell me? how to exchange ?? thanks!

Best reagrds!

Charles

hhsokkia

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2015, 11:38:53 AM »
Dear Mr,

in other similar software ,for example: SMART3D Capture, Smart 3d has himself data format:*.s3c,at the same  time, Smart3d can export other open format data,for example:*.osgb. osbg is Very popular open data format, many 3D GIS software all can Direct open, i want to know how to exchange *TLS format date to *.osgb foramt date??  thanks!!

Best regards

Charles

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2015, 12:36:47 PM »
Hello Charlse,

how to to exchange PhotoScan export data with Skyline City Builder, Agency9 City Planner and Diginext VirtualGeo

PhotoMesh Layer format is compatible with these systems, to convert TLS to PhotoMesh Layer you need to use Agisoft Viewer (open dataset, right-click on the .tls file in the Playlist pane and choose Convert option).

OSGB format is not currently supported.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

hhsokkia

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2015, 06:47:10 AM »
hello,Alexey Pasumansky,

thank you very much! thanks! To be honest , if can convert OSGB format data also, it will the best. dae format data is ok ! thanks!

Best regards!

charles

Darko

• View Profile
    • CADCOM
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2018, 11:58:04 AM »
Hi,

Years have passed, more than 3, that this topic was started, still not too many news about it.
Some promises have been fulfilled like split screen 3D viewing but still no measuring or drawing tools. And, I still don't have idea how to use that wonderful model beside display and presentation. With the ability to draw points and lines over it and export to CAD that would be my surveyor's dream tool.
How about it? Has anyone made that kind of software or has plans to make it?

WHY NOT YOU, dear programmers from Agisoft ??

Best regards from The Surveyor!!
Darko