Forum

Author Topic: What camera (nikon 5100,5200,3300...)?  (Read 2856 times)

JohnyJoe

• View Profile
What camera (nikon 5100,5200,3300...)?
« on: December 08, 2014, 06:08:12 AM »
Hello, i hope i got it in the right section, im thinking more seriously about photogrammetry (probably using photoscan), but i need some "real" camera (so far i have only a cheap 5 MPx camera on a cheap 110 USD phone... :-) ).

I would be scanning small to middle size objects (maximum dimensions would be of a human being or a chair). I already have a tripod, lazy susan (turntable) and I am thinking about buying some softboxes for a "studio" lighting (and an IR remote control for the future camera). All quite cheap, im and individual and dont want to spent much on it.

The problem is i do not know which camera to buy i read a lot and currently im split between nikons:

Nikon D3300
Nikon D5100
Nikon D5200

or even Nikon D3200

All of them with default lenses (yeah i know but i can buy additional later on if i do not like the kit lenses).

I will be using the camera also for other purposes (texture taking mainly) and maybe HDR, but the main focus and primary reason for buying the camera is photogrammetry.

Which one of these would you recommend? Im currently for the Nikon 5100, i think the smaller MPx count (16 vs 24 in higher versions) isnt that big deal, because i do not have the pc to calculate each model on the highest settings.

But im also quite interested in the D 3300 which doesnt have that Low pass filter  (OLFP or something) which should make the images more crisper, and i heart that its quite usefull and big thing in photogrammetry.

Which of these cameras would you recomend to me please?