Forum

Author Topic: Ortho View?  (Read 5587 times)

Ron Kapaun

• View Profile
Ortho View?
« on: December 21, 2014, 11:47:35 PM »
Howdy Everyone!

I am probably missing something so please correct me if I am. I spend a HUGE amount of time adjusting my 'build mesh' stage removing the ground etc. Now, I am not a 3K$ contributor (I only own the 'standard' license but, I sincerely think this tool could be the 'next HUGE' thing in game and virtual world development so... how about some othorgraphic views? This would save me a TON of time when it comes to 'removing' those 'extra' polys and adjusting what I want as a model vs. what is scanned.

On top of that. It would be great to be able to pick between a 'square' trim tool and a circular (aka cylindical) trim tool. I know, we have the ability to mask objects but, we could all save huge amounts of 'masking time' by just adding these few features. Well, I know cylindrical selection would probably have to do something along the lines of 'please select your number of circular subdivisions... etc.' I can live with that.

Again, I am maybe missing something (in the forums or docs) so please let me know. This is AMAZING software and I am NOT complaining at all. Just adding my two cents to the 'wish list'.

Ron

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Ortho View?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 04:45:13 PM »
Hello Ron,

I'm no sure about the first request, maybe some additional comments on that? There are predefined views for the display purposes (Top, Bottom, Front and etc.) also you can switch the view into Orthographic mode. You can also adjust model orientation in the coordinate system for more convenient use of predefined views by Rotate Object tool.

As for the second one, isn't related to the first request? just orient the model in the View window in an appropriate way, switch to the orthographic view mode and use circular selection tool to define the base of the "cylinder"?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Ron Kapaun

• View Profile
Re: Ortho View?
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2014, 05:46:31 PM »
Alexey,

Thanks! I see that I have much more to learn about this handy program. I read your reply and I now understand how I can do much greater detail work. Perfect!

Ron