Forum

Author Topic: Agisoft PhotoScan 0.8.5 pre-release  (Read 53672 times)

Oli63

• www.geospy.at
    • View Profile
    • GeoSpy Aerial Imaging & Mapping GmbH
Re: Agisoft PhotoScan 0.8.5 pre-release
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2012, 08:45:23 PM »
After testing with a heavy 3d terrain model, I can confirm that disabling the "Enable VBO support" option in the preferences will stop the crashes under MacOSX.

Sorry to disappoint you but I have to confirm the opposite. Disabling VBO support does NOT stop the crashes.

What I also had once was a successful termination of the "Building geometry" process without the creation of a 3D-model. It just ended the process.
GeoSpy Aerial Imaging & Mapping GmbH
www.geospy.at

RHenriques

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2012, 03:40:43 PM »
Hi Oli63
In my case the crashes are gone, at least in my 2 latest tests with VBO off. This includes the creation and further visualization of 3d models. Considering that are models that take around 7 to 10 hours to finish I could not make more tests.
Since we are having mixed results, can it have something to do with different graphical GPU's. 

Cheers

JanS

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2012, 01:17:14 PM »
Hi all,

From our last UAV project, processed with 0.8.5 beta I can confirm that the photo alignment does not work as expected. Using the GPS positions as initial values produced a lot (>50%) of unaligned photos. The generic matching algorithm matched all photos.
The final DEM was lower in quality than what we normally expect, but this may also be partly due to the type of area and illumination conditions (very low sun).
So until you have fully debugged the new algorithms, I'd prefer the option to also use the old algorithms for photo matching/DSM construction when you release 0.8.5.

Otherwise, I like the new features being implemented.

Some thoughts about projection systems: it seems as if they're 'hard coded' into the exe. Maybe useful if you could put them in a text/xml file that we can edit so that we can include our own projection systems. For example, the default Belgian projection system has wrong parameters in the Proj4/GDAL library...

Best regards,
Jan

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2012, 01:49:12 PM »
Hello Jan,

Could you please specify which build of 0.8.5 you were testing?

And regarding projection system - what's its EPSG code?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

JanS

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2012, 08:59:14 PM »
Hi Alexey,

Thanks for the follow up.

It was build 1398 of March 1st. Meanwhile I can confirm that on the same set of images, v0.8.4 has no problems in photo alignment.

The projection system I was referring to is the Belgian projection 31370. It's definitely in your list, but if derived from GDAL the towgs84 parameters are often wrong. Instead of:
+towgs84=106.869,-52.2978,103.724,-0.33657,0.456955,-1.84218
they should be
+towgs84=-106.869,52.2978,-103.724,0.33657,-0.456955,1.84218

Jan

Hello Jan,

Could you please specify which build of 0.8.5 you were testing?

And regarding projection system - what's its EPSG code?

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2012, 11:44:55 AM »
Hello Jan,

We've checked the coordinate conversion from Belge 1972 to Belgian Lambert 1972 (Datum Reseau National Belge 1972) and the result was the same as in free coordinate converters available on the web.

Could you please tell us how is it possible to reproduce or detect the mistake, since PhotoScan doesn't use GDAL?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

JanS

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2012, 09:05:49 PM »
Hi Alexey,

Thanks for the reply. I think you are right and it's better indeed to leave it as is. We actually raraly/never use Belgian datum for geographic degrees. It's either lat/lon in WGS84 (GPS positions) or Belgian datum as projected (Lambert). There's plenty of tools around that do this conversion for us so for us there's no need to include datum conversions in PhotoScan reprojections.

Best regards,

Jan

Hello Jan,

We've checked the coordinate conversion from Belge 1972 to Belgian Lambert 1972 (Datum Reseau National Belge 1972) and the result was the same as in free coordinate converters available on the web.

Could you please tell us how is it possible to reproduce or detect the mistake, since PhotoScan doesn't use GDAL?

fh

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2012, 08:56:32 AM »
Hi!

Thank you for the very useful new features in v0.8.5!

In our case we youse a metric medium format camera. The lens distortion is highly accurate estimated in a lab calibration, but the camera constant is not very stable. Hence it would be very useful if every parameter of the camera calibration could separately be enabled/disabled in the Optimize Photo Alignment-Tool (not only aspect, skew, tangential distortion).

Another helpful feature would be a precision information of the estimated camera parameters (and for the other estimated parameters of exterior orientation too...). Based on this precision information we could decide whether a camera parameter is significant different from zero or not, and then it could be enabled/disabled in the further adjustment.

Best regards
Fabian

Infinite

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2012, 04:03:46 PM »
Thanks for the new features in the new build Alexey and team, and for your hard work on delivering consistent updates.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 04:05:37 PM by Infinite »

fpbv

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2012, 08:39:42 PM »
Hey guys

Which graphic card do you recomend to be able to get stereo vision?

Diego

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2012, 10:29:05 PM »
Hi,

I use Nvidia Quadro 5000.

Regards,

Diego

Paulov

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2012, 04:01:45 PM »
Hi there. I finally got a license (student). I downloaded the lastest version yesterday and one of the most hated issues with photoscan was gone, wich was the loooooong time it did take in the previous demos to match the photos and get camera positions.

Now I would love to have the feature of saving the "dense point cloud" that I believe is mad but not rendered prior to meshing, as some times you may place 2000000 polygons but half is used for non desired geometry or other areas so have to recompute again. (this is even more painfull in themo as you cant save previous stages).

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2012, 04:38:18 PM »
Hello Paulov,

You can set "Face count" parameter to "0" in Build Geometry dialog and perform decimation later after all the unwanted model parts are removed. Zero value means that mesh would be have maximum number of faces for the current reconstruction parameters.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC