Forum

Author Topic: Ability to tell PScan exact details about multi-camera setups..  (Read 3727 times)

MeHoo

• View Profile
Ability to tell PScan exact details about multi-camera setups..
« on: January 03, 2015, 03:38:23 AM »
I'm only running the standard edition because I'm an artist, and the pro version is insanely expensive for what I'm doing, so perhaps this is already possible...

So I'm testing building a multiple gopro rig for on-location scans of buildings and objects.  I figure, if I can tell PScan exactly how these cameras are configured, wouldn't that increase accuracy of the scans and speed of the processing somehow?  I'd assume the alignment process would greatly improve if it knew their relationship as a constant.

Also, being able to load photosets from both cameras as "pairs" based on their folder structure would be very helpful, so image_0001 in each folder would be treated as a pair from this grouping.  MY GoPro's are wifi linked so they will be taking photos at exactly the same time.

Just a thought.  I'd like to hear if this would be helpful or not.

- Justin

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Ability to tell PScan exact details about multi-camera setups..
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 04:50:56 AM »
Hello Justin,

You can try using Export Cameras / Import Cameras options (in .xml) format. Camera Export can be performed from the chunk with good alignment results, providing that camera positions remain unchanged and the same naming conventions for image files is kept.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

MeHoo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 12:49:27 AM »
Hi thanks for the reply!

So let me clarify.. as I will be 3d printing my camera rig, I'll have the ability to import the exact camera specs/models from 3dsmax.  This will help photoscan in it's processing? 

Essentially, telling it the rig is a locked stereo rig with exact offset values should, in my mind, help.

I'm just trying to speed up scans by removing variables.  I am just a tad confused as to how pscan works under the hood, and if there is a need for this or if it won't help.

Any info is appreciated as always.

- Justin
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 04:01:07 AM by MeHoo »

uop360

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 02:15:54 AM »
Hello,

I also support this feature.
It would be good to input details of interior calibration of cameras within a milticamera rig.
I tried it with Ladybug3.
How can I exctract details about the offset of individual cameras in Ladybug3?
regards
Karol

MeHoo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2015, 05:56:05 AM »
It seems like the 4d mode in the professional version would allow this if I read the manual correctly, but man.. the price gap between the two versions is insanely large for what it offers.