Forum

Author Topic: A method to download photos from multi-camera rig  (Read 7301 times)

michaelzhangxc

• View Profile
A method to download photos from multi-camera rig
« on: February 04, 2015, 12:39:04 AM »
Hello,
I have been dealing with multi camera rig for couple of years and found it’s not so easy to download photos from a big number of cameras reliably even with a professional software. Last year I built a rig with 128 sets of Canon T3i downloading photos with this method. It has been proved to be not only reliable but also very easy to operate. The method is base on Windows Explorer in Windows 7 OP. Should anybody be interested in it, I am glad to share with you.

Lambo

• View Profile
Re: A method to download photos from multi-camera rig
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 01:09:06 AM »
Hi Michael, I am interested in hearing a little more about it...
Leo

Tonec

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 01:12:52 AM »
Hello, that sounds really great, i might as well be interested...

michaelzhangxc

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 07:25:13 AM »
There are 128 Canon T3i in my rig. The cameras are installed with SD card and connected to USB hubs. The USB hubs should not be plugged into PC when capturing photos. After one batch or several batches of photos are captured, you can plug the USB hub cables to your PC to download photos.
I use Windows 7 for photo download. There are some parameters of your PC need to be setup in the very beginning. You can find how to setup them by download the CAMERA CONTROL BOX user’s manual in http://corbel3d.com/multicamera/.
All the photos can be downloaded into one folder you created automatically. In order to use these photos in PhotoScan, you need to organize them.
Welcome to discuss further to make this solution better. 

Tonec

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2015, 11:11:12 PM »
It sounds like a solution but it includes the cost of SD cards, multiplied by 128. Isn't it still better to shoot directly to the pc?

michaelzhangxc

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2015, 07:46:15 AM »
If it is reliable enough, shooting directly to the PC is a better solution assuming that the download software is not expensive.

mala

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2015, 12:19:50 PM »