Forum

Author Topic: Just a few (hopefully) simple requests.  (Read 5435 times)

MeHoo

• View Profile
Just a few (hopefully) simple requests.
« on: January 14, 2012, 08:00:23 AM »
Loading 8bit jpegs is fine for generation, but having the simple option to swap to higher res TIFFs and keeping the 12bit+ depth for texture generation would help immensely.  This could be as simple and rudimentary as having an "alternate" folder with the exact same filenames with different extensions possibly.

I would also love to see a manual targeting mode for the standard edition.  I have photos that I know have overlapping coverage, but for whatever reason, photoscan isn't seeing it.  I'd love to be able to just give it a few markers, and say A and B on two images, and have it try again.  Most softwares like this have that option in some form or another.  At least for aligning chunks.

The last option that would be really helpful is to see what a selected images' contribution to the pointcloud/mesh is.  Picking an image and seeing that it is the offending image in the generation would make it much easier to delete the problem areas.

Love the software.  I hope that you can help us out with these things.  Thanks! :)