Forum

Author Topic: Change first view when opening a project  (Read 2435 times)

Patribus

• View Profile
Change first view when opening a project
« on: January 18, 2015, 12:52:23 PM »
Hello,

I have the following issue:

I have a quite large project with 17GB. This project contains mesh and texture.

When opening this project PhotoScan jumps directly to the textured mesh view which gets too much for my PC. I can work with the project when I have only the mesh (without texture) on screen. But before I can switch to this view, PhotoScan stops reacting.

My question is: can I change some parameter in the .psz file in order to tell the program to start with another view of the project, e.g. with the point cloud.

Also I would like to understand, how the program 'decides' which view to show when opening a project. Is it the last view of the last opened project, or is this saved in the .psz file? 'Cause I do not see any systematics in this...

Best regards

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Change first view when opening a project
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 01:22:35 PM »
Hello Patribus,

There's "Switch to the model view by default" option in the Advanced preferences tab that should help you.

By default, for the newly opened project PhotoScan displays the highest possible processing grade, while during switching between chunks it either uses this highest possible grade or stays on the user selected, if you've switched to one of the lower grades manually.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC