Forum

Author Topic: importing mesh  (Read 8591 times)

thomas83

• View Profile
    • tgraichen.de
importing mesh
« on: January 17, 2012, 02:18:48 PM »
I?m trying to import a model that i scanned using structured light into a photoscan project to eventuaslly allign and merge them.  but i find that when i import a mesh into a new chunk i cant set markers on it...any help? is my idea even possible?

thanks a lot

thomas
Computational Archeology

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: importing mesh
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 06:33:05 PM »
Hello Thomas,

PhotoScan does not support aligning functionality for the imported models using markers (markers could be placed on the model only if they are seen from at least two cameras).

But you can merge PhotoScan model in one chunk with the imported model in another chunk if chunks are in  one coordinate system. PhotoScan model in the first chunk could be referenced to the imported model corresponding coordinate system (even local) using markers. After the first chunk is referenced by markers it could be merged with the imported model's chunk.

Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

grommit

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2016, 09:40:26 PM »
Does the mesh need to be pre-aligned and scaled before importation, or can Photoscan's align chunks command register the mesh with another chunk made in Photoscan?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 01:36:04 AM by grommit »

grommit

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2016, 02:12:57 AM »
bumpo

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2016, 10:31:35 AM »
Hello grommit,

PhotoScan imports mesh according to the coordinate information for the vertices and using the selected coordinate system in the Import Mesh dialog. So if you wish to perform any operations with the imported mesh (like building the texture) it's necessary to have the mesh referenced in the same coordinate system with the cameras.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC