Forum

Author Topic: Can't put markers  (Read 8081 times)

yehuichao

• View Profile
Can't put markers
« on: January 17, 2012, 08:25:04 PM »
Thanks a lot for the advice on pictures. Now I can generate nice texture and 3D model. I can measure the area and the volume. One problem is that I find it hard to put markers. When I click the "Create Marker" button and then  click on the surface, the  button re punch again so that I cannot put markers and measure the distance between two points. Can anyone tell me what's wrong?

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Can't put markers
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 08:37:04 PM »
Hello yehuichao,

Markers could be placed on the model only if they are seen from at least two cameras.
When using 3D view to place markers but they do not appear on the model's surface (but only in list of markers) that usually means the marker is put on additional faces build in smooth mode or on the area seen only by single camera.
You can create markers using Photo view. You need to open photo containing marker's position by double-clicking on it in Workspace or Photo pane. Then switch into Edit Markers mode using the corresponding Toolbar button. By right-clicking on the desired marker's position you'll see context menu - Create Marker option will add new marker on all the photos containing point's projection. Also you can use Place Marker option if you want to add another projection of existing marker to photo.
Positions (projections) of markers could be adjusted through the Photo view.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

yehuichao

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 08:39:44 PM »
I mean I can see the Markers in the workspace but I cannot set the reference distance because there is no sign on the surface.

yehuichao

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 08:45:25 PM »
You mean I have to take pictures with two different cameras? So how can I set the reference distance if I put markers on photo view?There is no set reference distance button.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 08:47:08 PM by yehuichao »

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 08:48:23 PM »
So how can I set the reference distance if I put markers on photo view?There is no set reference distance button.
When you add markers using Create Marker feature from Photo view they will be seen from 3D view. There is no difference for markers by the way they were added.

You mean I have to take pictures with two different cameras?
No. You have already set of overlapping images. At least two images should contain marker's projection to make marker visible in 3D view.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 08:51:30 PM by Alexey Pasumansky »
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

yehuichao

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2012, 08:51:54 PM »
The question is I cannot see anything on the 3D view.After putting markers in the photo view, there is no sign in the model view. How can I set reference?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 09:00:20 PM by yehuichao »

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2012, 09:18:33 PM »
First image below shows adding marker using Photo view and Create Marker command. It works if the geometry was built before adding markers.

Repeating this operation twice will give you two markers needed for setting the reference distance.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC