Forum

Author Topic: (Re-) Import dense point cloud  (Read 7632 times)

tkwasnitschka

• View Profile
(Re-) Import dense point cloud
« on: January 29, 2015, 11:37:57 PM »
The Photoscan edit tool has limitations since you can not choose to edit a sub-portion of the point cloud if it is a complicated, self-obstructing object. Others (Darko, Patribus) on this forum have noted this before me. Apparently there is no documentation on the oc3 file format available. Lets just do this in external programs for the time being, but:

While we already can export the dense point cloud, it would be extremely helpful to reimport it as ascii table or ply format.

I would rather not use meshlab  an import a mesh back into photoscan.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: (Re-) Import dense point cloud
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 05:39:09 PM »
Hello Tom,

There are some difficulties related to the dense cloud import. PhotoScan clouds require point normals and some additional information.

We'll try to suggest some workarounds for dense cloud import in future versions as well as for more convenient dense cloud editing.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

tkwasnitschka

• View Profile
Re: (Re-) Import dense point cloud
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 07:24:44 PM »
Alexey,
thank you for the quick reply!
... But e.g. the ply format also stores normals. The tools I use (QPS Fledermaus and others) allow for metadata columns to be carried along and stay untouched during the point cloud editing process. But maybe my understanding of the data structure is indeed too simple.
Thanks again!
Tom

nadar

• View Profile
Export - Import dense cloud ?
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2015, 01:45:41 PM »
Is there a possibility to export a dense cloud (.LAS or .PLY) to an external point cloud editor, edit it, then re-import the modified cloud into Photoscan ?
(I'm still looking for a solution to clean noisy clouds and to interactively remove unwanted parts)

xyz_rgb

• View Profile
Re: Export - Import dense cloud ?
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2018, 09:32:35 AM »
please help for las pointcloud input in photoscan. how the way?
from xyz or xyzrgb data (with georeferen wgs’84). but i can’t to import that data into photoscan (input points as a point cloud data)