Forum

Author Topic: Texture Image  (Read 14305 times)

Sample&Hold

• View Profile
Texture Image
« on: December 31, 2010, 04:52:42 PM »
Hi,

I am really liking Photoscan so far - great job.  I do have a question / feature request in regards to texture generation.  Would it be possible to export the image with different layers according to the photograph being used?  The reason I ask this, is that sometimes I see errors in the colour image when colours do not quite match, or parts of a photograph are used that are not as high a quality as another one.  If it would be possible to then take the output into Photoshop for some manual editing it would be very useful, using the erase brush on different layers.  I hope that makes sense.

Many thanks, Chris

Dmitry Semyonov

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Texture Image
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 11:20:55 PM »
Hello Chris,

Although this feature is not currently supported, you could probably get the layered texture representation using the following technique:

1. Generate the texture using a suitable mapping mode. This will generate a parametrization for the texture atlas.

2. Disable all photos except the first one. Then generate the texture using the "Keep UV" mapping mode. The texture will be generated using the current parametrization.

3. Save the generated image using "Export Texture..." menu command.

4. Repeat steps 2 - 3 for all other photos.

You will obtain a set of texture images generated from the individual photos. They can be used as layers in Photoshop.

With best regards,
Dmitry Semyonov
AgiSoft LLC
With best regards,
Dmitry Semyonov
Agisoft

Sample&Hold

• View Profile
Re: Re: Texture Image
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 01:27:44 PM »
Hi Dmitry,

That is very useful - thank you.  I have taken the 3D mesh out of Photoscan, retopologise and UV map it and then brought it back in to Photoscan for texture projection.  All works well apart from errors stemming from the ears.  Do you have an idea why it might do this - and is there anything I can do to prevent or fix it?

http://www.sampleandhold.co.uk/images/Projection_test01.jpg
http://www.sampleandhold.co.uk/images/Projection_test02.jpg
http://www.sampleandhold.co.uk/images/Projection_test03.jpg

Thanks, Chris

Dmitry Semyonov

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 03:10:14 AM »
Hello Chris,

Thank you for screenshots.

Can you provide the project with the source photos so we could reproduce the problem and fix it?

It's ok if not, but it will be very helpful.

Thanks, Dmitry
With best regards,
Dmitry Semyonov
Agisoft

Sample&Hold

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, 07:25:24 PM »
Hi Dmitry,

I have sent a RAR file to your info email account.  I am starting to wonder whether it is the UV mapping causing the error.  It would be interesting to hear your thoughts though.

Thanks, Chris

Dmitry Semyonov

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 01:51:20 AM »
Hello Chris,

Thank you for providing the photos, it was really helpful.

The UV mapping of the retopologised model was correct.

The UV mapping was corrupted due to the bug in PhotoScan OBJ import. The problem will be fixed in the next release, but we need 1-2 weeks to finish it as it will be a major update.

Is it ok for you to wait?

Currently I can send you the PSZ project file with the properly imported model so that you can at least obtain the results for this data set.

With best regards,
Dmitry Semyonov
AgiSoft LLC
With best regards,
Dmitry Semyonov
Agisoft

Sample&Hold

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2011, 06:07:43 PM »
Hi Dmitry,

That's great, thanks.  There is no rush for implementation, just researching possibilities at the moment.  I also noticed that PhotoScan currently cannot import OBJ with Quads, only Triangles.  Would you be able to look at implementing that as well?

A new PSZ project file would be very useful, thanks.

Best, Chris

GPC

• View Profile
    • Geopro
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2011, 12:06:44 AM »
>>The problem will be fixed in the next release, but we need 1-2 weeks to finish it as it will be a major update.

How are updates to the software handled to users who own the software? If I buy a license now and the software is updated in two weeks, 6 months, a year.. what does it cost me to get the most up to date version? Can you tell us what other features are coming to the next major update?
When things get weird, the weird turn pro.

Dmitry Semyonov

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2011, 02:32:48 PM »
Hello cs,

All PhotoScan updates until version 2.0.0 will be free for PhotoScan customers. I don't think that version 2.0 will be released this year.

I can't comment on the new features in the next release right now, as the development is still in the progress, but we are planning to include support for several OS besides Windows.

With best regards,
Dmitry Semyonov
AgiSoft LLC
With best regards,
Dmitry Semyonov
Agisoft