Forum

Author Topic: Poor Dense Cloud quality when clustering mode is involved  (Read 10288 times)

Sebas80

• View Profile
Poor Dense Cloud quality when clustering mode is involved
« on: February 08, 2015, 08:00:20 PM »
Hello,
I'm having serious issues with a photoscan project when I perform the dense cloud process: after several tests I've been able to realize that the problem is related to the use of Clustering processing mode.
By processing the same project, with all the photos aligned, with a single PC, there isn't any problem and the dense cloud is perfect, while if I process the same project by using a cluster, the dense cloud is extremely noisy.
I was wondering there was a network problem, but I've tryed to perform dense cloud with just one computer by configuring it as Server, Node and Client at the same time. Nothing change, the dense cloud is really noisy, so no network problem.
I've upgraded to Photoscan PRO 1.1.2  and the graphic drivers are the last available, but nothing changes.
Does someone else has the same problem??
Thanks.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 01:01:34 AM by Sebas80 »

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Poor Dense Cloud quality when clustering mode is involved
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2015, 09:14:00 PM »
Hello Sebas80,

Thank you for reporting.

Is it possible to send us the any sample image set that can be used to reproduce the problem, psz file from local processing and psx with network processing results? We can create an ftp account for you to upload the data if it's more convenient.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Sebas80

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 08:44:52 PM »
Hello Sebas80,

Thank you for reporting.

Is it possible to send us the any sample image set that can be used to reproduce the problem, psz file from local processing and psx with network processing results? We can create an ftp account for you to upload the data if it's more convenient.

Hello Alexey,
actually this dataset is under copyright protection and I'm not authorized to diffuse this data outside my network, I need to investigate if I can send it to you by asking to the data owner before.
I'll let you know as soon as I have some news, otherwise I'll try with another "free" dataset.
Thank you in advance.

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 09:42:29 PM »
Hello Sebas80,

You can try the network processing on our sample sets and check if the problem is reproducible.

http://www.agisoft.com/downloads/sample-data/
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Sebas80

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2015, 10:11:09 PM »
Hello Sebas80,

You can try the network processing on our sample sets and check if the problem is reproducible.

Ok,
Thanks.

Sebas80

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2015, 11:55:58 PM »
Hello Sebas80,

Hello Alexey,
I've got the error!!  ;D
Two different Dense Clouds, not so noisy as in my original project but there is some difference (strange sparse points around the main model).
Could you please let me have an FTP space where I can upload both projects?

Thank you.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 01:37:17 AM by Sebas80 »

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2015, 03:49:52 PM »
Hello Sebas80,

We have tracked the problem, so the fix will be included in the next 1.1 update.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Sebas80

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2015, 06:42:36 PM »
Hello Sebas80,

We have tracked the problem, so the fix will be included in the next 1.1 update.

Really happy to hear that! :D

I've another bug to report you about selection and delete of points from dense cloud. When I select a portion of dense cloud and I delete it, the symbols of cloud delete (cross and crop) on the toolbar remain black: the points are just hidden but not exactly deleted, and they remain selected while hidden, unless I click with the left mouse button on an area of the model space and the two button will not remain black anymore, so the point will be deselected. This problem is a little bit annoying as I usually select a portion of cloud (by cropping it from the entire cloud) and clean this portion from small spikes, and then I use CTRL+Z to reload all the cloud by keeping selected just the point I wanted to remove and delete them. This error doesn't affect the mesh editing or the tie point cloud.

This didn't happen in the 1.0 version but just from 1.1.0 on: may you check it?

Thank you for your help.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 06:44:47 PM by Sebas80 »

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2015, 06:49:36 PM »
Hello Sebas80,

Can't reproduce this problem after quick tests. Which OS are you using? Does it happen on any project with the dense cloud?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Sebas80

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2015, 07:11:51 PM »
Hello Sebas80,

Can't reproduce this problem after quick tests. Which OS are you using? Does it happen on any project with the dense cloud?

Hi Alexey,
Yes this affects all the projects. I'm using Windows 7 and Photoscan 1.1.2 x64 version.
May be helpful a screen capture video where I can show you this problem?

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2015, 07:19:35 PM »
If possible, send the screenshot or screenvideo to support@agisoft.com.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Sebas80

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2015, 08:18:14 PM »
If possible, send the screenshot or screenvideo to support@agisoft.com.
Hi Alexey,
just sent you and MP4 video file.

Thank you.
Sebastiano

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2015, 02:07:08 PM »
Hello Sebastiano,

Please check version 1.1.3 for the fix of the problem that has been originally mentioned in this thread.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Sebas80

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2015, 03:37:50 PM »
Hello Sebastiano,

Please check version 1.1.3 for the fix of the problem that has been originally mentioned in this thread.

Hello Alexey,
just installed the new version. I'm testing your tutorial dataset "Monument" and I'll let you know.

Unfortunately I realized that the problem I've mentioned in the screen video I sent you  about the dense point cloud editing has not been solved. Are you considering to modify the software behaviour in a future 1.1 version?

Thank you.

Sebas80

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2015, 09:06:03 PM »
Hello Sebastiano,

Hello Alexey,
just installed the new version. I'm testing your tutorial dataset "Monument" and I'll let you know.

Unfortunately I realized that the problem I've mentioned in the screen video I sent you  about the dense point cloud editing has not been solved. Are you considering to modify the software behaviour in a future 1.1 version?

Thank you.

Hello Alexey,
I've tested the new version on your dataset "monument", and the model looks good, but there is something that I cannot understand at all: if I process the project as PSZ and PSX with the same pc, I obtain two dense clouds which differ a little bit for the total number of points. It shouldn't be that, should it?

PSZ:   1.330.789 points (medium resolution)
PSX:   1.332.228 points (medium resolution)

Could you please illuminate me?
Thank you.