Forum

Author Topic: Edit texture  (Read 4342 times)

Breezz

• View Profile
Edit texture
« on: January 12, 2014, 12:28:51 AM »
Hello,

I made a 3D mesh of a building using Photoscan, and I textured it. I think it looks great, but there are always some errors in the texture (for example the windows when there is a lot of reflection).

I was thinking to edit the texture using Photoshop (I could cut out the window in the texture created by Photoscan and replace it with a window from a single photo), if you know what i mean.

What's the best way to do this ? completely UV unwrap the mesh (is it even possible to unwrap giant buildings ?), or is there a better way?

Thanks

fabberlounge

• View Profile
Re: Edit texture
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 01:38:21 AM »
Hi,

You can export the texture as tiff and work on it in Photoshop, the great thing is you dont need to use all origin photos for texture creation, and you can choose the ones you are focussing on. Layer them in Photoshop, repair and import again to Agisoft. The other way is creation of UV map (ZBrush or similar), working on the texture directly in Mudbox (similar tools like Photoshop), thats the best way to do it, as you under control of your texture map projected on the final mesh.

Good luck, regards, Andreas from fabberlounge
Yes, we scan !