Forum

Author Topic: system out of memory , what can i do?  (Read 3574 times)

Kms1

• View Profile
system out of memory , what can i do?
« on: March 11, 2015, 08:41:41 PM »
Hi,

I am using a university mac pro with 32gb ram, i am processing an ultra high dense cloud - (105,708,624 pts) with 114 cameras. When I go to process high mesh (21million) it gives me an out of memory error after around 6 per cent. I have tried on a custom count of 8 million and get the same error.

Should I reprocess the dense cloud at a high setting and go for high mesh or settle for a low mesh from an ultra high dense cloud. Bit confused as recently i have been processing everything on ultra high dense cloud and the results seem to be a lot better than high dense cloud.

thx

tutoss

• View Profile
Re: system out of memory , what can i do?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 09:12:07 PM »
you can export the dense cloud and build the mesh in another software, then import the created mesh to PhotoScan.
Weird anyway... 21 million isn't a biiig mesh...
The mac can't use the hard disk like virtual memory?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 09:15:27 PM by tutoss »

Kms1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 09:17:00 PM »
i was thinking about using 3ds max or similar to build mesh but i had not done it before, i am going to process it again as high, i think the issue is with the dense cloud, it is massive i have not seen anything that large before.

Any experience of processing dense clouds in other software? is agisoft better for this ?

thx for response

Kms1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 09:20:28 PM »
i thought the os would automatically manage virtual memory ? i don't know, when i turn on activity monitor it is showing as using 31.99gb of ram so photoscan is getting its fair share of real ram